Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice article about the speed6...the only real negative he points out is a softness in acceleration in low revs. I think that may just be his driving style considering most of the 280lb-ft is available before 3000rpm. His final comment is kinda funny, "I'll leave it for the under 25 market." I bought mine when I was 25, but I think the comment seems a little counterintuitive considering the as tested $33,185. BTW, this scan came from the Syracuse Post Standard - Go Orange

[attachmentid=18252]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
When was this article published?

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
When was this article published?[/b]
Probably before one could go find an 06' model for $7,000+ off MSRP.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was published the day I posted it...January 3rd, 2007

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think what he meant by "under 25 market" was under 25 years old. I couldn't disagree more. I've had a bunch of cars in my life and this is the best of the bunch. All day comfortable, 4 door utility, sure footed, great motor, superb brakes, very very stealthy. Of course what would I know, I'm over 50!!

Wiz

·
Registered
232 Posts
hmm, the Sentinel is my local paper. Musta missed seeing that. Not really a negative review, just didn't seem to light his fire.

·
Registered
507 Posts
hmm, the Sentinel is my local paper. Musta missed seeing that. Not really a negative review, just didn't seem to light his fire.[/b]
I'd like to know how bad he was pussyfooting the accelerator to not feel the power towards the bottom end... Torque peaks at what? 2500 rpm?

I understand what he was saying in the rest of the article but this is obviously a car that was marketed (well, if Mazda had actually marketed it) to a different type of driver then what he was.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts