·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

ran a red light then, BAMN

·
Registered
922 Posts
ran a red light???? naaa tha ford was rollin on FIRESTONES!!!

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
thats not exactly a good reason not to buy an SUV. i'm not denying the fact that it sucks the dude rolled, but running red lights isn't exactly.....safe.

there are plenty of other vehicles that roll over: cars (mazda6s even), golf carts, lambos (check the thread about it, its gross), bicycles, boats, skateboards, and mopeds.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
isn't there the expression that you can make "dead people turn over in their grave" if you find a way to offend them... sure that's not literally true, but i believe that is an expression used countless times. at least it is where i live

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
IMO, anyone that runs a red light deserves to be hit and rolled over...

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
IMO, anyone that runs a red light deserves to be hit and rolled over...
[/b]
i would completely agree with you, i wish they would get hit but noone would get hurt. that way their asses would learn a lesson. i see people run redlights all the time. the best is whenever the light has been red for over 2 seconds and they still fly through as teh other light turns green. stupid asses! i don't know why i bother to run to my car to respond to fire calls when it comes to these a$$holes...

·
Registered
574 Posts
An old lady around here ran a red light and hit a cop car that happened to be racing to a call.. and his car just flipped once and landed upside down.. Sad to say he died.. but it just shows that any car can flip over.. but SUV's are more prone.. it was a hellacious crash.

·
Registered
177 Posts
An old lady around here ran a red light and hit a cop car that happened to be racing to a call.. and his car just flipped once and landed upside down.. Sad to say he died.. but it just shows that any car can flip over.. but SUV's are more prone.. it was a hellacious crash.
[/b]
More proof as to the danger of old people driving.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know any car can flip over. just felt like posting the pics cause i thought some people would like to see them.

apple turnover mmmm

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
More proof as to the danger of old people driving.
[/b]
Old people scare me. My workplace is comprised of several buildings and suites in a shopping center. We are actually in the back of the stores, so there isn't any real traffic in our parking lot. Anyway, a colleague of mine stops me when I was walking outside to one of our buildings to warn me about this old lady in a Caddy. She apparently came very close to hitting him! Not him in his car, but just him! I saw her attempting to park her car and it was just amazing how bad she was doing. Another old lady hit three different cars in our lot in one visit. Yet another old lady backed into a car leaving a big dent.

I think once you hit a certain age, you should be required to take the driver's road test again. I've seen some scary old people behind wheels.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I think once you hit a certain age, you should be required to take the driver's road test again. I've seen some scary old people behind wheels.
[/b]
I have two stories that convince me old people should not drive after a certain age.

1. This happened a couple years ago i'm sitting in seven corners, hectic area in Northern Virginia. It's bumper to bumper traffic and we are all waiting at a light. A red neon next to me i guess just decided it had enough and rammed the car ahead of it(the car ahead in turn hit the car ahead of it.) So everyone is sort of like what is going on. Then the red neon puts the car in reverse and proceeds to ram the car behind it in reverse. Now everyone is compeltely freaked out and trying to stay away from the little neon. All the cars involved in the accident pull off in to a parking lot and of course who steps out of the neon? Some little old lady. Its bad enough that you are pissed cause some idiot hit your car, it's much worse when you feel bad going off on them cause they look like your grandma.

2. This happened like last week, i was following an old guy through the back streets of vienna. We are approaching a stop sign and i noticed a middle aged woman crossing the street we both want to turn on. The old guy gets to the stop sign, checks to see if it's clear and starts to go. Well as you can guess the old guy nearly hits the pedestrian. She is pissed but again doesn't seem to say much to him. I was completely in shock. I was like, no way.... no way... he sees her doesn't he...... guess not.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Just to add to the stories.....

A few weeks ago, I was driving home from work. This old guy goes into the right lane, totally cutting off this minivan. What I mean by cutting off, is he had about 3-4 inches in between him and the minivan. The guy in the minivan got so mad that he quickly passed the old guy and quickly cut him off. I thought that was great! So, the old guy turns onto my street and so do I. Once I turn onto my street, I see that the old guy is driving in between two lanes! I passed him by going into the shoulder and as I passed, I gave him the "WTF glare" and he was just so oblivious.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts