Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i think the time may be coming to trade my 03 in. the dealer is giving me the following:

trade:
$12,500 my 2003 mz6s fully loaded (v6, bose, leather, etc...) and has just about 50k on it

new purchase:
a tad under $25,000. stickered at almost $32k.
2006 gran sport (or touring, can't remember which it was)
v6, navigation, 18", hid, sirius, dim mirror, bose, moonroof, leather, basically fully loaded. it's the dark gray color with a black leather interior. color matched grill also. not used, 0 miles on it (neglible actually, from road tests).

the ONLY problem is the rate. they're giving me some 8+% rate which is crazy. when i bought my 03 the rate was 2.1% and i got the car for $22,800 (same dealer). it was stickered at $27,919.

i can trade in my current one, and they'll pay it off (owe about $5k) and my new payment for 48mo will be just over $400 (currently $373). and that's with no $ down, just the equity in my 2003.

what do you think?

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Talk to your local banks and credit unions on the financing rate. Shop around, as you are not entitled to take the dealer financing.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
The National Prime went up so you may find it dificult to find extremely low rates. One thing to consider, your 03 is out of warranty and judging by the deal they are offering, looks like you could get a three year newer vehicle with a full warranty for about 25-30 extra bucks over what you're currently paying with NO warranty. Plus, Mazda is shortening the warranty they offer starting with the 07 models. Not a huge cut but the warranty will be shorter. Anyway, good luck with your new car :drool: You know you love that toxic "new car" smell. :yesnod:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
maddog20/20
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing