Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been searching autotrader for a mazdaspeed 6 at a decent price, prefer lower miles, and features weren't that big of a deal to me. Well it turns out I found one locally at a dealer, but they wanted $19,995 for it. It's an 07 Grand Touring, with NAV and moonroof, and it has 44k miles. I wasn't planning on purchasing it, but I figured I would go test drive it since I hadn't driven one. Of course, after the test drive, they wanted to do the number crunching, so I figured I would entertain them. I told him I would offer 16k, figuring they wouldn't go that low, which the dealer almost laughed at and said there's no way the boss would take it. Well, they said $16,995. I think it may be a good price, but I was looking for some opinions. What do you all think?

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Seems like a good price, esp being a GT. Are you trading anything in?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got an 08 R32 I'm trading. Honestly, I don't feel they're offer it too bad, they'll give me 21k, which the highest I've been offered from dealers is about 21.5k. I've only had it a year, but I owe about $20k, so I'm still coming out ahead.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Dang. Seems like a downgrade to me. Stay away if you're looking for a platform you can squeeze loads of power out of. If you want a decently refined sports sedan, that you might throw a few light mods onto, then maybe it's worth looking in to. $17k still seems a little high to me for 44k miles. Just judging from the going rate I've seem on here lately...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While I do love the R32, there are a couple of reasons I'm looking to get rid of it. I'm getting married in October, so we're looking to try and lower our monthly bills to get some debt paid off. I also miss the manual transmission and turbo (my previous car was a 94 RX-7). While the dsg is fun, it doesn't compare to the manual. As far as upgrades go, I alway tell myself I'm going to mod my cars, then never do. The aftermarket for the R is pretty limited as well, and putting a turbo on there is ridiculus. The mazda is rated higher in HP, so I think I'll have fun with it, and the fiance loves it, so if I ever try to worm out of it to get a new car, maybe she would take it.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
OP, just an fyi, that car is out of warranty. The 06's came w/ a 4 yr/50K bumper to bumper, but they cut that down to 3/36 for the 07's. I would ask for a complete service history and run a car fax on it to boot.

Is it from a Mazda dealership? If so, maybe you can squeeze them some more, and get them to bump the warranty to 50K at least. You can buy full extended warranties as well. I did, however, now it's pretty useless as I"m pretty modded up... and broke as a result! lol

GL

Reactions: IHeartGroceries

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
Douge, I'm pretty sure 07s had 60 months of powertrain, not 36. At least that's my case here in Canada.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Douge, I'm pretty sure 07s had 60 months of powertrain, not 36. At least that's my case here in Canada.
Oh, I was talking bumper-to-bumper. Did not know how long the powertrain is... thanks!

·
Registered
663 Posts
In the states the warranty is 3/36, no addtional powertrain warranty.

To the OP, wanna trade straight up?

My BBS wheels and new tires should more than offset the $$$

Reactions: dougefresh_

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
Oh, I was talking bumper-to-bumper. Did not know how long the powertrain is... thanks!
Damn, I misunderstood you LOL. I thought you were talking about both when you said "3/36". Anyway, B2B is 3 years and powertrain is 5 years for 2007s.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unfortunately, it's not a Mazda dealership. I don't mind traveling if the price is right, so I'm going to do some calling around to places on autotrader with the numbers I have to see if they want to beat it.

As far as buying a certified used, does the dealership have to pay for that? I would love to get a certified one, but I'm not sure if the dealership bumps the price up.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Damn, I misunderstood you LOL. I thought you were talking about both when you said "3/36". Anyway, B2B is 3 years and powertrain is 5 years for 2007s.
Oh, just noticed you are in Ontario... thus KM. In the states, we do it by years or mileage, whichever comes first. 3 years OR 36,000 miles. Do they not do 3 year/58K (or 60K) kilometers? Is it just 3 years regardless of miles? That never occurred to me before.

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
Ok, just to clarify: here it's 3 years B2B, 5 years powertrain OR 100,000 KM. I'll stop posting here to stop confusing you guys, though I didn't think US would be different from Canada.

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
In the US:
06- 4yr/50k bumper to bumper
07- 3yr/36k bumper to bumper, 5yr/60k powertrain

Reactions: dougefresh_
1 - 14 of 14 Posts