Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

First - sorry for my last posting - but that was the information that i got from MAZDA MMD/MME.

Yesterday i got a MP3 player package wich i ordered on 12.January.

So i tryed it first on a MX5 (Also MODULAR-Audio-System) - i have to switch the "secret Switch - show on the Photos" to Position 2 and the music plays - but no TEXT on the Display and no ID-3 Tag - also no navigation trough the directorys.

Then i made a installation on a MAZDA6 Sport-Kombi:

First i tryed it with switch on position 2 same like on MX5 - i thought "VERY NICE".

Then i switched it to Position 1 and reinstalled it.

And now i have to speak loud" YYYYEEEESSSSSSS"

The Audio-System show the Filename, the whole ID3-TAG you can swich between Directorys - fast forward and backward.

When you use the "tunig-Button" you can scroll trough the ID-TAG, filename,......

That´s it !

Today i will put some pictures of MP3 playback on this website: http://m6.agm.de

·
Registered
136 Posts
Reading Topic: GOOD-NEWS - MP3 WORKS - PICTURES HERE !!!

do you have the bose stereo or yhe standar one, if it is the bose, do you had to remove the 6 disks changer?
does it is possible to use the 6 disk changer and add a mp3 module maybe somewhere else, like nav emplacement and wire it to the system?

·
Registered
628 Posts

GTR/mr patate - Could you please add your city/country to your profile. Obviously it appears GTR is in Germany, but it would be a great help for people so they don't start asking the whole "NA vs. EU" thing again...

·
Registered
305 Posts

GTRDriver,

Very good news! Because of the great pictures and the information, we'll forgive you for scaring us. (I was already plotting how I was going to convince Mazda USA to replace my month-old 6 with an MP3-compatible version. :)

Interesting, the part number is identical to the NA version. I thought the radios would be different (the stereo on the Passat wagon I rented in Germany had a number of different features from what you see here.) Notice the part number? "Pioneer CDS-4077zm" -- zm for Zoom? :)

Thanks much for the photos. If you still have easy access, I know there are some of the stereo customizer folks here who'd appreciate shots of the entire back, so they could see all of the connectors for speakers, etc. and get an idea what they could hook to it.

Would you mind answering a few questions, since you're the first person to get your hands on one?
1) If you turn the car off and restart it, does it pick up where it left off in the MP3?
2) Do all of the radio functions and controls work the same way they do with the stock stereo?
3) Does Random play MP3s from the entire CD, or just the current directory?
4) Along with the player, there's an accompanying "panel," part number GJ6B-79-BGXF. Did you get this? If so, is this just a replacement for the silver plastic that covers the player? Are there any changes or additions to the standard controls? Just curious as to what the "panel" is.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
136 Posts

very good question from DennyA , i will own a m6 whit bose upgrade, did it is the one GTRDRIVER had or did it is a normal edition. did the player can read any type of mp3 cd or just one directory cd?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Hello Here are some Answers:

1: Yes - the mp3 starts playback at the pint that you stop them.
2. Yes everything works like the 6-disk changer
3. Please think about that i don´t have a manual - my test say that radom is only in the directory you are - but perhaps there is a other function that i don´t found.
4. The panel is exact the same panel like the panel for the single
CD-Player - the only difference between this both panels is the TEXT on the panel: "COMPACT-DISK" "MP3/CD" That´s all - here i use the CD-PANEL because i have many panels on stock.

Mr.Patate:

I made a test with several direcotrys - no problem - you can navigate trough the directorys with the "disk-Change Buttons 1 and 2". and You can see the direcotry-names in the display.

Things to find out:

Is the player able to read Multi-Session-Disks ?
Is the player able to read CD-Text ?
Does the player read CD-RW ?

On monday i make a short movie with the "movie-Funktion" of my Camera - i will put this movie to the well known URL.

CU

PS: to the PHOTO-Question: The Module looks exact like a usual CD-player-Module so other Photos are not realy useable !

PS² there is no difference between BOSE and NONBOSE-System regarding the Modules (CD/changer/MD/CASS).

·
Registered
305 Posts

GTRDriver,

Thanks! That's some great and very useful information.

So it sounds like it will work with the Bose... Hmm, I could have gotten the Bose package after all. Oh well, it would have made finding my car just that much harder, so no big deal. :)

Interesting on the panel only having different lettering. If the panel costs extra, you could just not bother ordering it if you don't care about bragging about your MP3s. I was concerned that my dealer didn't know to order it since I'm the first one who's ordered the player from them, I think -- now I guess it doesn't matter. (But if I paid for it, I want it. :)

Thanks very much for taking the time to answer our questions, GTR, and to post those photos. Sounds like Mazda and Pioneer did a good job on the MP3 player setup. It looks like it will be easier to navigate discs than with my old Kenwood MP-8017.

Awesome. I'll get it in and then decide if I want to bother with speakers and an amp. My speakers actually sound a lot better after breaking in than they did when I first got the car.

·
Registered
305 Posts

GTRDriver,

One more question occurred to me, if you don't mind...

I think your first message implied that Fast Forward and Rewind work in MP3 files. Have you tried this? Does it fast forward at a reasonable speed?

The one thing I hated about my Kenwood MP-8017 was that FF/RW were almost useless on MP3s. It seemed to only FF at about 1.2 times the normal speed. Given that one of my big uses for MP3 is to listen to MP3-recorded radio shows and audiobooks. that was very frustrating. If I lost the place in the file 30 minutes into an hour program, it was easier to just wait till I got home and edit out the first 30 minutes from the MP3 and reburn it than to try to FF back to where I was...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Replying to Topic 'GOOD-NEWS - MP3 WORKS - PICTURES HERE !!!'

Originally posted by Kerrick
            How did you get the unit? it's available from dealers now?[/b]
I believe GTR is a dealer himself.

It's supposed to start shipping in the USA this coming Friday. Given GTR's post, I'd assume it's shipping in parts of the EU already. :)

S

·
0 Posts

do you know if i can upgrade my mazda 6 radio. Because i can play mp3 only in 2 mode. NO TEXT :( I want to have text and directory surf.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts

Can anyone think of any particular reason you couldn't install both the CD changer and mp3 player?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Yeah, their's no place to put the second unit. The lower slot is narrower and will only fit a cassette or mini-disc player.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Reading Topic: GOOD-

Assuming you could fit it, I meant (mmm... modding of the top compartment perhaps, where the nav system goes on non-US 6's)

So in other words, what is the wiring like back there.

·
Registered
312 Posts

Im lost........ what does all this mean? I have the BOSE stereo in my 6.. am i supposed to tweak it somehow? I might be retarded, lemme go ask my girlfriend... yup, im retarded. :)

·
Registered
498 Posts

Originally posted by Hackcomic.com

If anyone is selling their 6cd to get a MP3- let me know![/b]
I haven't bought an MP3 player yet, but I'm strongly considering it very soon (as soon as I pay off my credit card a little bit :) ). I have the Bose 6-disc changer right now; would you want to buy it from me?

·
Registered
498 Posts

Originally posted by Hackcomic.com

SDsilver- possibly- Email me: [email protected][/b]
Did you get my e-mail? I sent it a couple of days ago. I went ahead and ordered myself an MP3 player. Hope to hear from ya! :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts