Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 Mazda 6s. I just purchased the erebuni grill, should be in within a week, and getting the windows tinted in a day or two. Wife bought the Sirius Sportster for Xmas and have it currently mounted on the dash. Any suggestions where a starter should go from this point

·
Registered
578 Posts
Are you looking for more show or more go? What is your budget? MTX or ATX? It can get really expensive, really quick depending on what you are trying to accomplish.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,571 Posts
Even in moderation, it really adds up. Being on this site doesn't help matters either. :)

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you looking for more show or more go? What is your budget? MTX or ATX? It can get really expensive, really quick depending on what you are trying to accomplish.
[/b]

04 Mazda 6s ATX. Definitely a good mix of both. I want the car to look sharp on the exterior without being tacky. As far as more to the exterior I may only add some new wheels come springtime possibly more depending on any ideas I can get. The interior and performance is what I would really like to concentrate on. I figured trying to hide the sirius in the flip-up holder in the dash may be a good starting point, but don't even know if thats possible. Just starting to work with cars so my experience is limited.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm new to the 6 as well, and have never really modified my cars before either, but I can finally afford to do so, so I've been adding little things here and there.

A nice starter mod is learning to change your own oil and switching to a full synthetic. You also get to know your car better.

From there, adding the CPE MAFci CAI seems like a must. Planning to do it in the spring and a set of lightweight 18s. I'm loving my wagon.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I'm new to the 6 as well, and have never really modified my cars before either, but I can finally afford to do so, so I've been adding little things here and there.

A nice starter mod is learning to change your own oil and switching to a full synthetic. You also get to know your car better.

From there, adding the CPE MAFci CAI seems like a must. Planning to do it in the spring and a set of lightweight 18s. I'm loving my wagon.
[/b]
ehhehee ya,,, THE CP-E Isssssssssssssssssssss a MUST HAVE!!.....I loveeeee mine! :love: :drool:

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,571 Posts
I added the Magnaflow exhaust to mine because I got a hella good deal on it. I also am adding the Racing Beat f/r anti-roll bars and MazdaSpeed lowering springs on Monday. I got the Mazda6 plate frame for the back too.

The only other stuff I want is the MAFci, tinted windows, and the Mazda remote start. I will say I will be done at that point, but I KNOW there will be something else I will see and want down the road. :)

Like I said, it's ADDICTIVE!!!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hiding your Sirius tuner in the cup holder will work as long as it physically fits and the cables reach. Lots of members put all sorts of electronics in the cup holder. Looking through the Interrior section will definitely yield some good examples.

The airbox mod seems to a popular starting point. Easy to do and it's free. Those with the ATX highly approve of the tranny cooler. Springs will help the look and the handling, thus killing two birds with one stone. CP-E engine mount is a must in my opinion.

If you want to get more serious, the CP-E MAFci is the way to go. Probably one of the best performance additions for the money. If you really want to go broke, there is a group buy going on right now for the CP-E headers. I don't have the money for the MAFci because I went big to start and got the headers. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
whats the diff betwen the CP E cai and a lets say AEM cai ? Why is everyone hung up on the CPE
[/b]
It comes with a little whatchamacallit that gets rid of the CEL you would probably get with any other CAI. Im not sure if it alters your a/f ratio too.
--Shadd

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
the cp-e provided 3-5 more horsepower than the next closest intake but that can be made up for if you try and have access to a dyno. just depends on what you want to spend though. changing out the lights to HID's is a good move as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Personally I'd start with suspension mods first. Maybe a Whiteline RSB.
[/b]
So... there are a few of us who do not speak Mazda aftermarket..... I have been searching this site all night and I am going into data overload.

I have a 2004 6i (I guess the I is the 4 banger 2.3)

some links would be nice too....

~ what is a good suspension kit to get ....

~ What is a good intake for the 6I 2.3???

~ Is there a turbo kit for the 2.3

~ If you change the wheels from 17's to 18's do you have to do anything to recal the speedo? Is there a chip that needs to be changed??

~ If I swap out the 17's to the 18's (225/40/R18 tires with 18x8 with 40mm offset) will I have any problems like having to roll the fenders? The tires and rims are already mounted ... they were taken off an 2nd gen RX7).

Any help would be great....

The problem I have is that I am a big Mustang guy and even though I have had this car 2 years I have never modded the car (or wanted to) but now I would like to bump it up a little.

·
Registered
578 Posts
So... there are a few of us who do not speak Mazda aftermarket..... I have been searching this site all night and I am going into data overload.

I have a 2004 6i (I guess the I is the 4 banger 2.3)

some links would be nice too....

~ what is a good suspension kit to get ....

~ What is a good intake for the 6I 2.3???

~ Is there a turbo kit for the 2.3

~ If you change the wheels from 17's to 18's do you have to do anything to recal the speedo? Is there a chip that needs to be changed??

~ If I swap out the 17's to the 18's (225/40/R18 tires with 18x8 with 40mm offset) will I have any problems like having to roll the fenders? The tires and rims are already mounted ... they were taken off an 2nd gen RX7).

Any help would be great....
The problem I have is that I am a big Mustang guy and even though I have had this car 2 years I have never modded the car (or wanted to) but now I would like to bump it up a little.
[/b]
The Racing Beat full suspension kit would be a good choice, but it really depends on what you are looking for. Best performance or best looks.

The CP-E intake is the outstanding, but you won't see the same gains as the V6. Since it's more expensive, some with the I4 go with the AEM or Injen because it's more cost effective.

If you go from 17" to 18" wheels, no need to recalabrate the ECU to compensate as long as you stay within 2%-3% of the original size. The speedo will be a little off, but nothing signifigant. As far as I know, it's not possible to change that value in the ECU anyway.

There is a good chance that +40mm offset on any wheel will require a fender roll. Probably an extensive one at that. Get the highest offset wheels possible if you don't want to have issues. Check out the wheel/tire section. All the stickied topics have good info.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
You're right about it being the 2.3 4 banger.

So...not to add to the good answer above but performance upgrades (like CAI, exhaust) do not provide the type of gains that the 6cyl people get. However, I believe there is a turbo kit (search for MrTea for info).

btw, there was a group buy for the Mazdaspeed CAI (might be another) for a great price. Thought you might want to check out that option.

:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey guys!!! The only mods I would like to do is the lights because they sux, tires and wheels and clutch. what do you guys recommend that is cheapest and reliable. please provide some websites. I have a mazda 6 s 2003 stick.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts