Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to buy a 6 HB (manual). I haven't decided options or colour yet.

My Questions:
What is your experience with the Mazda dealers in Melbourne?
How long will it take for my 6 to arrive once the deal is done?

Thanks

Samurai

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Reading Topic: Good Melbourne Dealers

i thought the melby forum is dead? lol
i got mine from raymond at city mazda...
got a good price for my yellow 6 and my friend's rx8. But u must be a bad ass when bargaining with him.
I'll be glad to accompany you if you wanna go there so he'll give us a better price coz he knoes me. Or else, tell him it's From Yans the indo student who bought the yellow 6 and his malaysian friend who just bought a black rx-8.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Good Melbourne Dealers'

Penfold mazda in burwood were kinda rude, there maybe someone there who is nice but all they were interested in was selling the car quickly and get u out of the dealership.

·
Registered
607 Posts

Can't comment on Melb dealers, but my car was ordered in Mid September and I was told late November delivery, depends mainly on which colour you want....the more popular colours like Pacific Blue, Black and Titanium Grey are hard to get, some of the other colours they may be able to swap with another dealer that has stock.......

Just prepare yourself for a wait....the 6 is in high demand worldwide

·
Registered
1,074 Posts

Originally posted by Activematic

Penfold mazda in burwood were kinda rude, there maybe someone there who is nice but all they were interested in was selling the car quickly and get u out of the dealership.[/b]

True...they suck! fuckk 'em. i aint gonna put my feet at that dealer no more...

·
Registered
322 Posts

Yeah I bought mine from Penfold. They were nice to me but very pushy. Their service department is good though, I've had good car services so far and they only charge a $10 fuel surcharge for the loaner car they give you and don't make you fill up the tank when returning it. So whilst the sales department were a bit pushy I'm not unhappy about the experience.

·
Registered
80 Posts

I agree to Rainchild's comments. The service Dept is great but sales are arrogant.

I recommend Ringwood Mazda - Small dealer with big friendly service. You need to be pushy with the prices in any dealership for that matter. It's either your or them.

Rainchild, Ringwood Mazda does not even charge for fuel for loan cars.

·
Registered
461 Posts

I've been told City Mazda is most expensive of the Melbourne Dealers. The one which offers the best deal is the Mazda in Micham...on Maroonda Highway

i brought my 6 at Gary Warren Mazda. i think they're one of the in-the-middle dealers, but what sold us was their level of service they offered during the purchasing phase. they appeared to really want to sell us the car and were working very hard for the deal - so we were quite happy to buy the car from them.

anyway, hope those comments helped.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts

what happened to the original thread starter? he seems to "disappeared" all of the sudden

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Back again....I was changing countries in the last week so was off the net.

Well, I didn't waste any time. I flew in on Friday and called Essendon Mazda that evening. I went in yesterday for a test drive and put down a deposit. I think they knew they had a sucker when I walked in the door....must have been the drooling.....

I went for a drive, came back and we talked numbers and signed some papers....as soon as my funds make it over (I sent the money last week, but it hasn't arrived yet) the car will appear at my door step.

options i got were:

tints
mats
headlight protectors
chrome exhaust tip (why not)
paint and interior cover..

My wife liked the spoilers, but I couldn't be bothered....if I were 10 years younger :)

If anyone is out near the airport and wants to show off their 6, drop me a message.

Samurai

·
Registered
1,074 Posts

congrats samurai, how much did u get ur classic for?
yea.next time we should have a meet somewhere near the airport. looks like a very nice place to take some flashies

·
Registered
90 Posts

Order in sept - due nov? we ordered ours on 16 sept and got it last tuesday - being 30 september. And that's on the Gold Coast - colour was strato blue - colour is now discontinued.

Dunno how you guys get loan cars - we got a letter from the dealer saying the mazda warranty doesn't allow for loan cars, but they have a courtesy bus running certain hours.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts

Hi bludbunny.I think with loan car,it all depends if you have it in your contract at the time of negotiating with price and all that.So if you haven't got that clause in it,then it all depends if the service manager is having a good mood to lend you one :) But I would say,most Mazda service department will kind of let you have one,if the car is being repaired due to warranty issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Picked up the car today.....absolutely beautiful.....will post pics later

·
Registered
2,256 Posts

Congrat Samurai.Love to see those pics mate.Oh please update your profile to indicate where you locate please.Thanks.

E

·
0 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Good Melbourne Dealers

With regards to best Mazda dealers.... Well, I put my deposit on Monday 15th October, received my car on 17th October.

Now if you want absolutely fantastic service that I cannot praise enough about, check out Werribee Mazda. I have never been treated like a King like I have been from there. I dealt with Mark.

Love my Mazda and loved their service - believe me, if you're interested in a Mazda and want to receive impecable service, go see Werribee Mazda.

E

·
0 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Good Melbourne Dealers

Got the Silver Contrail Luxury Sports Hatch with extra tinted windows and sports grill - couldn't choose between Accord Euro and Mazda 6 - soooo glad i chose the 6 - lovin' it!

G

·
0 Posts

Hi guy's just visiting from the RX-8 site.......A question if someone would be so kind ...?

My brother from Bendigo is after a 6, but wants a Melb price to compare to the price he got up there.....

What's the best price you guys have obtained on a base model manual hatch?

Regard's Gomez.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts