Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a bit nippy outside, I tried a local Ford dealer for an oil change. They hesitated at first, but I convinced them the engine was like the Ford 3.0 in the 500, etc, and used a Motorcraft FL-820s filter.

At least this dealer's shop only carried Motorcraft synthetic-blend oil in bulk, 5w-30 and our 5w-20 .

Dropped in when they were not busy, only took 15 minutes. Clean job.

I have the special "spline" grip filter wrench fitting for the Ford filter, if I do the next change.

Mazda dealers will just use conventional oils from penzoil, etc, so I think Ford is the better dealer to use, if you don't want to change your own. Don't know if the Ford 2.3 filter is like Mazda's.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Considering we have a ford duratec engine, and that ford owns like 35% of mazda... they shouldnt have hesitated at all.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I've been using motorcraft filters and 5w20 synblend since my 1st oil change. Sometimes I do it myself, sometimes the Quick Lane at the Ford dealer. Biggest reason? Price and convenience. Also, my wife drives a '03 Expedition that uses the same filter and oil!

If you are doing it yourself, the best deal for the Motorcraft filter and oil is at Walmart (yeah, I know, but hey it's money saved for other stuff for my 6). :)

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
If you are doing it yourself, the best deal for the Motorcraft filter and oil is at Walmart (yeah, I know, but hey it's money saved for other stuff for my 6). :)
[/b]
motorcraft oil is an excellent oil BTW. Cheap too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Jax6S
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing