Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Back from Test and Tune last night.

:lol: This is the first AWD I have had; and it's much different to get going then my last (624 rwhp) cobra was. How do you guys recommend launching. My mods are in my sig and I'm on the stock shifter and clutch. Should I slip the clutch a bit or just wind her up and dump it?? What is a (decently) safe RPM to launch at?

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
DO NOT dump it. You have to slip the clutch a little until it's just catching a bit, and then dump it. It's like ~1/4-1/2 second of clutch slipping before you dump it. Good Luck!

Wait, if you have the STOCK rear diff mount, do NOT launch your car at all. You need an upgraded one for doing anything like that. You need an upgraded one anyways. I hope you have a CPE or SU one that's not in your sig... but if not, def no track.

·
Registered
884 Posts
doug is a sally launch that shit until it breaks haha. Eventually you'll need to upgrade it if you're going to do continious track days. He's right with the slip the clutch part too, dumping it is not going to be good. I would say around 4500 rpms should be good.

Reactions: redmica307

·
Registered
471 Posts
Well unless you want to spend hours drilling into your rear diff the replace the hardest bolts possible, you should just get a new diff mount. Its not fun getting those bolts out once they break.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well unless you want to spend hours drilling into your rear diff the replace the hardest bolts possible, you should just get a new diff mount. Its not fun getting those bolts out once they break.

So are the bolts junk or the mount?? Or both?

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
You guys are panzies. If you want the quickest time, set the LC to 4500-4600 and let the clutch out REAL quick, but not quite a side-step, if you know what I mean. If it bogs, you don't have enough power or you need to rev it higher. If you're afraid of this method, then just take off "normally" and as soon as the car starts moving go WOT to keep the revs up and feed in the clutch. It is easier on the rear diff, but the clutch takes massive loads and may slip after a couple of runs...

Reactions: bova80

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
what forzda said. my stock diff mount lasted a few track days but it would be wise to upgrade it so you know its good. i wouldn't say avoid the track if you don't have it, unless you are dumping the clutch. make sure you have dsc turned off as well as that will leave the potential for a broken rear axle. i run the turbine tech diff mount and upgraded bushings in the top mount on the diff and that thing is solid. been installed for over 2 years now with no problems.

·
Registered
806 Posts
And this one may seem obvious but turn off the friggin stability control. Charles was doing so well until the one run he forgot.....eilminated.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what forzda said. my stock diff mount lasted a few track days but it would be wise to upgrade it so you know its good. i wouldn't say avoid the track if you don't have it, unless you are dumping the clutch. make sure you have dsc turned off as well as that will leave the potential for a broken rear axle. i run the turbine tech diff mount and upgraded bushings in the top mount on the diff and that thing is solid. been installed for over 2 years now with no problems.

Do you have a link to that product??? CP-E diffs are backordered.:mad:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Or go to the autoparts store and buy a strap for the rear dif. That way it will keep it from moving. I have had mine on for over a year with multiple launches. So far the strap hasnt loosened up and the bolts on the dif are still nice and tight as they were when I bought the car.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
/....

·
Registered
548 Posts
DO NOT CHANGE YOUR SIG. i will not reply to any of your posts if you remove the SNOOK

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL at the sig comments :) I was taking it easy on the launch per advice of many on here because of my lack of CP-E diff brace.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cpe diff mount = 13.3 1/4

DAY AND NIGHT DIFF!
That's what I'm hoping...I have the car where I want appearance wise. So the only things on my list are the CP-E diff mount and FMIC, and then the BNR stage 2 turbo because I don't have to mod anything to bolt it up....then finally another dyno run.

·
Registered
219 Posts
cpe diff mount = 13.3 1/4

DAY AND NIGHT DIFF!
Not sure about the 13.3 with the diff mount mod.... But if you get any mount i would get the TT front diff mount!!! My best 60 to date is a 1.71 with a 4500-4700 rpm launch!! That is some good MPH. I think the mount just gives you confidence while launch. it is better for your diff though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts