Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up
i am going to drop my car off at the dealership on wednesday

i am getting the ecu flash. does anyone know what number they should be on for the newest version?
i did a search but not much came up

and anything else i should be looking for, like getting the squeeky noise out of my front end when i turn left.

its an 03 6i auto

thanks alot for the replys

o ya
i also have the intake mod and wonder if i should put all that stuff back in before i go there so they dont bitch about it?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I had a similar squeaky noise in my front end when I made left turns. There are apparently brake shims on the 6 that are prone to breaking, and if they do, they cause the front end to squeak. That was my problem anyway, a quick fix by the dealership and I haven't heard the squeaking since.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
i am getting the ecu flash. does anyone know what number they should be on for the newest version?
i did a search but not much came up[/b]
What does the flash do? My 04 6i needed it too, but I can't tell a difference... :huh:

·
Registered
990 Posts
i also have the intake mod and wonder if i should put all that stuff back in before i go there so they dont bitch about it?
[/b]
are you talking about the airbox mod? If so, I wouldn't bother putting it back in. I had the reflash done a couple months ago on my 6s Hatch with the airbox mod. Chances are, they won't be able to tell the difference.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
i found a bunch more stuff to have them fix for me on another post
[/b]
Like what? Please share.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I got an appointment for the 17th (only Saturday time open for a few weeks) to get my car reflashed because of a delay in the accleration. This is probably a newbie question, but is the ECU, TCP, and PCM reflash the same thing or are the different reflashes? I've heard all three terms on the board. If they are different reflashes, will the dealership do them all or just the one relating to the delay in accleration? Thanks! :)

i found a bunch more stuff to have them fix for me on another post
[/b]
What else are you having done? I just got my 6 a couple of weeks ago and I was wondering if I should get anything looked at while my car is at the dealership.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I got an appointment for the 17th (only Saturday time open for a few weeks) to get my car reflashed because of a delay in the accleration. This is probably a newbie question, but is the ECU, TCP, and PCM reflash the same thing or are the different reflashes? I've heard all three terms on the board. If they are different reflashes, will the dealership do them all or just the one relating to the delay in accleration? Thanks! :)
What else are you having done? I just got my 6 a couple of weeks ago and I was wondering if I should get anything looked at while my car is at the dealership.
[/b]

I have an 04 V6 ATX and I also noticed the delay in acceleration. It turns out I had a faulty throttle body and I had to get it replaced after only 7000 km. Maybe some of the other throttle bodies were faulty on the 04 models. I brought mine in for the flash updates and they discovered the problem with the TB.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well they have a few things on the board i searched for..

my doors were hard to open and close in the winter, there is a recal on that cause of the rubber is bad

my seats dont heat up enough, they changed the temp to 14 degrees higher in 2004

brake noise in the front end, replacing the shims

a couple of other stuff i wrote down

i didnt end up going the other day cause of a family emergency but ill be going back this week

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
freakta
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing