Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what the problem is but the 6 is going to the dealer Friday Morning to get checked out. I will let you all know what the problem was.:(

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Going in for service'

Originally posted by mazdamarla

Someone else - maybe it was on Edmunds?? - has that problem.  Has taken it in to the dealer and they say it's nothing and just reset the computer.   Hopefully that's all it is.  :)[/b]
CELs are thrown for a reason. If I were taking it in, I would demand to know what code was tripped to spot future problems.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Reading Topic: Going in for service

CEL=Check Engine Light

·
Registered
9 Posts

Originally posted by applejax

Please explain CEL.[/b]
Check Engine Light

First time I saw CEL, I said WTF too :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Don't worry I will and I mean I WILL have an answer. I did not spend my hard earned cash to get the run around. Plus they don't want my pregnet wife comming down there. I don't know how many of you have been around a pregnet woman in the 32nd week, kind of like a wild animal just waiting to snap. This will have a resolution.

·
Registered
262 Posts

I can't say that I've had the experience of living with a pregnant woman, but I do work with one and she scares the **** out of me when she gets in one of her moods. Hell, I'd bring her down to the dealer just to see what their reaction would be. Might get some free stuff!!!

BTW, which dealer in NJ did you end up going to Bangadrum5? Schwartz? Toms River? Richard's? And whichever dealer you ended up going to, how was your experience with them? I'm just wondering so that when I finally go and get my 6, I'll know which dealer to head to first. I did stop by Schwartz and test-drove the 6 sedan there, but I didn't like the financial analyst guy. He had a real attitude problem, at least with me.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Robgtaasc I went to Richards first but they were selling at msrp. I tried Open Road Mazda and only got $1000 over invoice. A friend of mine had just bought a Tribute at Sansone's Rt1 Automall in Avenel. I called the salesman she dealt with, told him my price and got it. They are really nice there, you don't feel pressured. The salesmans name was Keith Dickinson. There is a forum topic about what kind of deals people are getting, just do a search and I have a post there and how I got my deal. If you should go there mention my name (David Perez) so you get the same or a better deal then I got. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Originally posted by Bangadrum5

Plus they don't want my pregnet wife comming down there.[/b]
Oh yeah, I can see it now.

[bangadrum gets a runaround]
shows picture of wife

"Don't make me use this. I don't want to, but I will if I have to."

(as he whips out his cell phone and begins to dial...)

·
Registered
76 Posts

I saw a Mazda6 pulled over to the side of the road yesterday with its flashers on, and a guy standing outside the car on his mobile. I'm pretty sure it was a 6, but it could have been a Millenia also - tough to tell.

I hope these aren't going to be troublesome cars :(, because I really *REALLY* like the 6 :)

·
Registered
58 Posts

Originally posted by robgtaasc

I can't say that I've had the experience of living with a pregnant woman, but I do work with one and she scares the **** out of me when she gets in one of her moods.  Hell, I'd bring her down to the dealer just to see what their reaction would be.  Might get some free stuff!!!

BTW, which dealer in NJ did you end up going to Bangadrum5?  Schwartz?  Toms River?  Richard's?  And whichever dealer you ended up going to, how was your experience with them?  I'm just wondering so that when I finally go and get my 6, I'll know which dealer to head to first.  I did stop by Schwartz and test-drove the 6 sedan there, but I didn't like the financial analyst guy.  He had a real attitude problem, at least with me.[/b]
Robgtaasc, you can try East Coast Mazda on Rt. 17 south. I got my 6 there for about $400 above invoice. Ask for Bobby Zizikas, he will take care of you. Tell him that Pong sends you there. He is there on Monday, Tuesday, and Saturday. Or you can call to make an appointment with him on what day you want to stop by. East Coast Mazda number is 201-939-9400.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Originally posted by mazdamarla

Awwwwright...........you guys picking on women and their hormones?  ;)  

(NO - I'm not expecting - just gotta give you sh*t! Us girls have to stick together... :) )[/b]
;)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Maybe I should get pregnant a few months before I go in to get a new car. It may give me a negotiating edge...

Alan

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Going in for service

Hmmmm...interesting. Let me know how it works out. If it works, I may try it too.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

i do believe that AliAl should receive the reward for the most insightful post on this forum!

-Yasir

·
Registered
980 Posts

hmmm getting pregnant eh...i might have to call up arnold schwarzeneger man this is a good idea

1 - 20 of 38 Posts