Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed these and had issues with the spring binding in the front during tight radius turns? Almost sounds the spring is settling in but it has done this since I installed them 4 months ago, I have about 1500 miles on them. I increased the coil spring load and it seemed to get a little better but the ride is a bit tighter than what I want.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Has anyone installed these and had issues with the spring binding in the front during tight radius turns? Almost sounds the spring is settling in but it has done this since I installed them 4 months ago, I have about 1500 miles on them. I increased the coil spring load and it seemed to get a little better but the ride is a bit tighter than what I want.

Finally someone who has the Godspeed coilovers! These are the ones I want! Besides this issue how have they been?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Could be the size rims you have on the car. 19's IMO are a bad choice for this car unless the roads where you live are like glass.

Me personally I stick to Bilstein because you can choose a spring which isn't too stiff. The damper will give you good control, while the slightly softer spring rates allow for good damping. You also want to modify your bump-stops so that when the damper does go over a bump bad enough to slam against the stop, it will be further away and softer. This is all something to consider if you don't drive on good roads (Toronto, New york etc.)

·
Registered
425 Posts
It could be that your preload is wrong, those coilovers don't come preloaded so that has to be adjusted correctly before install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts