Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 6 hours the coilovers were finally installed. Main reason it took so long was because there were no directions and I am not very mechanically savvy.

First Impressions:
-stiff, but retains stock comfort (if that makes sense)
-they’re very pretty aesthetically
-great price point for those not willing to spend $1000+ for coils, but don’t want to go $200 eBay coils
-car feels much more precise and responsive now

Unfortunately I didn’t install the rear camber arms because it requires the subframe to be dropped and it was just way too late to do all that since we started after work.

Can’t wait to get more miles on this setup and provide a better analysis of their performance on the street and track!

484 Posts
They have to break in with about 1000 miles of driving, so they will feel stiff until then.

Once you hit a bump bad enough to make the struts fully compress into the bump stop, they're about ready to go. Try to refrain from your "spirited driving" until then.

·
Registered
652 Posts
After 6 hours the coilovers were finally installed. Main reason it took so long was because there were no directions and I am not very mechanically savvy.

First Impressions:
-stiff, but retains stock comfort (if that makes sense)
-they’re very pretty aesthetically
-great price point for those not willing to spend $1000+ for coils, but don’t want to go $200 eBay coils
-car feels much more precise and responsive now

Unfortunately I didn’t install the rear camber arms because it requires the subframe to be dropped and it was just way too late to do all that since we started after work.

Can’t wait to get more miles on this setup and provide a better analysis of their performance on the street and track!
Is it just me, shadow on the tire, or is that rear tire at about the 7 + min mark looking a little ruff? It could have just been the way it was on cam idk.

Screenshot_20191209-142604.png

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They have to break in with about 1000 miles of driving, so they will feel stiff until then.

Once you hit a bump bad enough to make the struts fully compress into the bump stop, they're about ready to go. Try to refrain from your "spirited driving" until then.
Makes sense, I've been taking it easy especially since I haven't connected my rear sway bar yet because of fitment issues.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it just me, shadow on the tire, or is that rear tire at about the 7 + min mark looking a little ruff? It could have just been the way it was on cam idk.

View attachment 238603
So you're not entirely wrong, the rear is a bit worn, but the video does make it look a lot worse.

·
Registered
652 Posts
So you're not entirely wrong, the rear is a bit worn, but the video does make it look a lot worse.
Ok so a little of both lol. You could take care of that when you get an alignment done. I'm sure it would handle that much better.

Makes sense, I've been taking it easy especially since I haven't connected my rear sway bar yet because of fitment issues.
How is it not fitting? Now might be the chance to grind off what was hitting before. It would be better than driving without the sway bar hooked up imo.

Either way, good progress on the ride so far!

Reactions: ABCGarage!

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so a little of both lol. You could take care of that when you get an alignment done. I'm sure it would handle that much better.

How is it not fitting? Now might be the chance to grind off what was hitting before. It would be better than driving without the sway bar hooked up imo.

Either way, good progress on the ride so far!
Endlinks are too long now, but I am currently looking into a solution. Once the rear camber arms are in and the car is aligned I probably won't do anything to the car for awhile.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts