Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to put a boost gauge in my MazdaSpeed 6, but don't want to spend too much money. I also want the gauges to match the stock gauges as much as possible. Glowshift has their tinted 7-color gauges which look like they will accomplish the task.

I realize there are better options out there such as the Defi Link-Meter BF, but I don't really want to spend $200+ for a boost gauge. Not to mention the controller...

My question is...has anyone had any experience or knowledge of these gauges???

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/index.asp?P...PROD&ProdID=186

·
Registered
123 Posts
30 scares me No direct experience... but i'm sure someone might.

·
Registered
431 Posts

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
installed and it works ok. boost reads fine, but the color memory is going wacko. sometimes it holds the color, sometimes it erases my preset radio channels. yeah, wtf. but im guessing that could be something to do with my wiring job even tho i dont see how. i used a monster cable remote wire and i soldered all the connections and wrapped in electrical tape. oh well, very strange. the gauge also gets hot once in a while after my car has been sitting in the sun. even though the dash isnt hot, the gauge is on fire. any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
the gauge also gets hot once in a while after my car has been sitting in the sun. even though the dash isnt hot, the gauge is on fire. any suggestions?
[/b]
i've never had that problem. i have 3 glowshift gauges. i even have it setup so that i can turn off the gauges with the click of a rocker switch if needed. maybe you can do that. but i dunno why yours gets so hot.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
just found out that everytime i start the car, the gauge gets hot, regardless of the car temp or the temperature outside. it's almost like the air going into it is hot and it just instantly heats up. maybe it's just the boost gauges that do this. it's also reading off now. when i shut off the car, it's at 1inhg vacuum instead of 0.

·
Registered
431 Posts
just found out that everytime i start the car, the gauge gets hot, regardless of the car temp or the temperature outside. it's almost like the air going into it is hot and it just instantly heats up. maybe it's just the boost gauges that do this. it's also reading off now. when i shut off the car, it's at 1inhg vacuum instead of 0.
[/b]
Where did you finally choose to mount your gauge?

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
map compartment. it works perfectly except for the fact that its a little too dim for the daytime. but im not gonna complain for 30 dollars.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
ryceboi
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing