Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an '07 Mazda 6i sedan. There's no glove box light...should there be? If not is there an easy way to add one?

·
Super Moderator
16,781 Posts
There is a glove box light. It is a 194 light bulb and only comes on when the headlights are on. It's kinds hard to get to but it is there.
What he said, except I think it's on as long as the parking lights are on. Snag an LED and be happy :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
But where is it??!!! I can't see where it's supposed to be!
I haven't actually seen it (but I'll go look as soon as I finish writing this 😂), but if it is there and you'd like it to be on all the time, simply splice the wire for it into any source of switched 12v you'd like

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
I haven't actually seen it (but I'll go look as soon as I finish writing this 😂), but if it is there and you'd like it to be on all the time, simply splice the wire for it into any source of switched 12v you'd like

If i have time this evening i'll take a picture of the location.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Okay, I don't have a photo, but if you place your hand on the roof of the glove box and slide it to within about an inch if the right most beautiful side you should feel it. Turn on your head lights so that it comes on, and then feel around til you end up blocking it

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, I don't have a photo, but if you place your hand on the roof of the glove box and slide it to within about an inch if the right most beautiful side you should feel it. Turn on your head lights so that it comes on, and then feel around til you end up blocking it

Found it! I had to remove the glove box to find it, and of course the bulb was burned out, but it was on the right side of the box. Replaced the bulb and bingo, glove box light! Thanks.:smile2:

·
Registered
444 Posts
What is the point that it is always on when light switch is on. how stupid is that.
Same thing if refrigerator light would always be on :)
And it looks stupid when light comes out even box is closed.
On the other hand, because of that missing feature, this is the easiest place to tap to when installing footwell/under dash LEDs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So there is no switch for glove box light? Just headlights should be on? I am rather sure that when I was opening the glove box compartment light came on only when fully opened, and empty boy is opening slowly due to pneumatic spring on the side.

·
Super Moderator
16,781 Posts
So there is no switch for glove box light? Just headlights should be on? I am rather sure that when I was opening the glove box compartment light came on only when fully opened, and empty boy is opening slowly due to pneumatic spring on the side.
Correct, but only DRLs need to be on, not full headlights (if you've got the option between the two). Mazda has kept this theme on all their 6's.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts