Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo... today I was changing my interior light bulbs for LED ones. And I figured out my glove box light was not working.

I tried another light bulb that I was certain it works (took out the door bulb which is the same as the glove box bulb) and inserted it in there. Turned it around 180 degrees but nope. Still not.

First I thought a connector or wire problem. So went home, kind of bummed. But then I started thinking could very possibly be a fuse that is faulty.

I tried to locate the fuse for that glove box light, but can’t seem to find it.

This is what I found: https://imgvehicle.com/mazda/6-gj1/fuse-box

I own a Mazda 6, 2013 3rd gen (GJ model). Maybe one of you can help me point the right fuse.. haha... maybe it’s late for me and that’s why I couldn’t find it lol.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
"on my 2004" mazda 6, the glove box light only works while the headlights are on. -> https://photos.app.goo.gl/y3p9yXsmEAtVbsmd6

try it with the headlights on.

any better?
Thanks for your feedback, it’s past midnight. Will try tomorrow morning! Thanks for the tip, I’ll get back here asap.

Btw: the link you posted, wants to open another app on my iPad, doesn’t seem to be working.

Edit: downloaded Google Photos, saw the video now! Thanks for recording that!
I have my car lights on automatic, but have figured out the headlights only start when the engine is turned on and starts rolling. I really hope this is it!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just be sure to disconnect the light assembly first, do not change the bulb if the assembly is still connected. Otherwise the RCBM module will very likely be blown. Costs about 150 EUR to replace.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Just be sure to disconnect the light assembly first, do not change the bulb if the assembly is still connected. Otherwise the RCBM module will very likely be blown. Costs about 150 EUR to replace.
The light on the trunk door has a on and off switch on it too. If i turn it off, then take off the lid and relace the bulb. Will that be fine you think?

Or do i have to locate the module first and disconnect it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
Tosko
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing