Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Wagon - 2.5L - GJ - mk III
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So after a short introduce of myself one week ago, i took the time today to take some pictures to show you my new old car:

So it's a 2014 Wagon, 2.5L 192hp engine, 71000km (44000miles) on odometer actually. Version; it is the highest trim level named: selection.
Not in perfect shape, lots of impacts and scratches here and there... seems to be normal for an 8 years old car.
This our first family car equiped with automatic trans, but not first time with auto (i had a Dodge Dart 1966 GT 273ci, and i own a Firebird '75 350ci since 2003)
My wife like it, my daugther too, and me of course!

Today's pics

Pictures taken on the first day

What a mess! Things from the past found in the car...

100% stock

Not in bad shape according to the years

I have a lots of modification and ideas to match our needs. The biggest difficulty is too find where buying parts as in my country (the most anti-car country in the world?) there is no more store for that. Ali, ebay or amazon... for the beginning, then oversea (US, japan) then maybe autoexe...

Modifications done, parts added (list will be edited):
  • Badgeless tailgate
  • Rubber trunk mat (REZAW-PLAST)
  • Negative battery cover (Ali)
  • Strut shock plastic dust cover (Ali)
  • Storage tray for center armrest compartment (Ali)
  • K&N filter 33-2480, stock box
  • Full LED cabine lights + trunk + licence plate (Ali)
  • Aeroblade wiper on front, like bosch (Ali)
  • Start&Stop disable BY hood switch relocation
  • AutoExe Intake boot (Ali)
  • Sunroof module automatic closer (Ali)
  • Carbon paddle for steering wheel (Ali)
  • Turn signal chrome bulbs (Ebay)
  • 64Gb USB for music (Ali)
  • Fog lights chrome trim (Ali)
  • Bonnet jacks (Ali)
  • 16 chrome lug nuts (Ebay)
  • 4 NGK spark plugs ref.94124 - ILKAR7L11
  • Engine remap for E85

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
First mod, the air filter. All the vehicules i have and had since 20 years was equiped with (bikes and cars). Not a performance option, just a economical way for the future, i keep my vehicules years and years, so...

Maybe a little help for him

Then little things that really change compare to stock

·
Registered
7,840 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Wow, it seems to light like the sun 😎
I run the reds in my turns and one is brighter than both brakes when they are on at night and thats saying something cause i feel Mazda LED brake lights are REALLY bright compared to others.

·
Registered
2013 Mazda 6i Grand Touring - 2.5L I4 Auto
466 Posts
The most beautiful wagon ever!
FORScan is perhaps the most important money you will ever spend on your car (you can get a free extended licence trial, but you will still need to buy the connector - buy one of the ones that FORScan recommends). Go for it!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Received today.

AutoExe silicon boot

I disable the stop & start with this OBD2 module.
Just a no name product. It works, but as i was thinking, it doesn't remove light on the dash board, plus, they add a Auto-hazard when you the door (Safety Feature) and i don't like it since it was not on the description of this item. it blink 8 times if a door is open, or less if you close it before the 8.

So i haved tested the hood switch relocation: just perfect and free. just unscrew and relocate it on the other side of the hinge.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Latest job on the '6.

Adjustment of the headlights high, really needed as when i get the car, i could not see further than 7-8 meters in the dark.

Then 4 little covers. Always better than nothing in this place, this should come from the factory don't you think?

Bonnet jacks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
good old ones? not sure

I found a set of the second ones, because the taller from le right where just ugly, rusty (before cure) and too long.

I wanted chrome bulbs for turning light, but... low light power and start to blink at high speed after 2-3 seconds. Plus this one was so warm that the glue went off... so poor quality, i went back to chrome filament bulbs: more reliable.

No change for years, that what i've found during inspection => solution:

Just to compare parts

Fill in place

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Last one for the week

Factory plugs are good for 120 000km, but to go to E85, the guy told me to change them, so i did it. only 72000km on it.

Then, this morning, i went to prep shop for E85+. "+" is for more power and torque.
Here is the result. not too bad.
it was a 4 wheels dyno.
Now i can run, SP95E10, SP98, E85.
Here E85 is 45% cheap the E10, 55% cheaper than SP98.
Remember, burning E85 is 90% less particles in air and 50% less CO².

·
Registered
7,840 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You don't know what you are talking about. there is professionnels here, they know what they are doing, and tells you what to do to have no problem.
the rest is joke from peoples who are not engineers. i don't care and life is short.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
there is professionnels here
Professional: Someone who gets paid to to a job.
Amateur: someone who does a job for free.

Again, sell your car right now, you dont deserve a Mazda.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your are right, here we are all amateur who think they know something, like you.
I don't know your job but if you are a mazda engineer, your are the only one to know the answers about this forum.

So much people here run E85 without any modification since 10years, big mileage with older cars than gen 3. so what's the problem? and if a problem appear who cares, that will be mine?
So if you have nothing more interesting to tell, forget my thread.

deserve? LOL !!! who are you to say that?

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
I am not sure if I have read it or someone told me that the alarm won't work if the hood switch is open.

I think the logic is that you are working on your car so the immobilizer/alarm is disabled by default.

I can confirm that once you open the hood, i-Stop will not be activated. I've tried before when I was just running around the town and I saw i-Stop is "ready", then I opened the hood and saw right away that i-Stop became "not ready". Of course, my speed was about 20 to 40 kph only so nothing dangerous if ever.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
It seems logic that this switch is for the alarm than anything.
but, on this car, there is no "open hood" alarm/fault show on dashboard, so it's hard to understand why it disable S&S too, or other stuff.

I'm still waiting an answer from the dealer..., i think i can wait for a long time...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts