Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is an interest thread on something we could all use. these guys were found by member "COSTAS" and they look very promising.

Dave(djquik1) is also working with sniper to get some COPS made as well, but the way i see it, the more options there are the better.

They have 3 different types of COPS for Ford and some dodge trucks and cars as well. anyway we all know that Ford and mazda tend to share a lot of the same parts so we gave them a shot.

Anyway they have basically said, that they can definatly make something for us and that it will not be months, but a few weeks for the product to become availble. here is some side bar info on the COPS they offer:

(TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM THEIR WEBSITE)

Coil Packs

Features & Benefits:

Our Pro Series 60,000 volt coils provide 40,000 more volts than factory coils, ideal for supercharged, turbo and nitrous applications where spark blowout from weak factory coils is common. 0 Ohm resistance, no RFI / EMI interference thanks to patented protector ring. 3 different stages available (OEM Replacement, MPG Plus, Hot Street, Pro Series, and Pro Series Extreme).

OEM Series – Granatelli is proud to offer true OEM style replacement coils for all your 1996 to 2008. These direct OEM style replacement coils exceed the factory voltage output by 10%

MPG/PLUS – MPG PLUS increases miles per gallon up to 15%, increases horsepower and torque, allows easier engine starts, and is custom tailored for your vehicle for easy installation. With today’s outrageous fuel costs, this product will pay for itself in no time... and best of all, we offer a Money Back Guarantee and Limited Lifetime Warranty.

HOT STREET – The Hot Street Series 40,000 volt coils provide 20,000 more volts then factory coils and are a perfect match for engines with minor performance upgrades and those looking for a step up on the competition – will not void factory warranty.

PRO SERIES – Our Pro Series 60,000 volt coils provide 40,000 more volts than factory coils and are intended for customers and racers alike running hi compressions engines and small nitrous kits. Due to their incredible output they are only sold in sets of 8 or 10 and you must run them in every cylinder. 0 ohm resistance, no RFI / EMI interference thanks to our patent protected isolator rings. - will not void factory warranty

PRO SERIES XTREME – The undisputed KING OF COILS – The Granatelli PRO SERIES Xtreme coils outputs a whopping 65,000 volts and are specifically designed for supercharged, turbocharged and high level Nitrous applications where spark blowout from weaker coils is common. 0 ohm resistance, no RFI / EMI interference thanks to our patent protected isolator rings.

HERES THE WEBSITE:

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/

*****ALSO FOR THOSE WONDERING ABOUT AFTERMARKET COMPATABILITY.........IE- MSD STACKER 8, PULSE PLUGS, and ETC......they confirmed that they are compatible and will work with no issues******

WHO'S Interested:

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Add me to the list.........I will see what sniper has to offer but I am interested in this as well.

1. The Great NY
2. CLTatenza
3. djquik1

Great NY,
see about compatibility with the Stacker 8 ignition on these coils.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (djquik1 @ Jun 16 2008, 11:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1370752
Great NY,
see about compatibility with the Stacker 8 ignition on these coils.[/b]

that was one of the question i asked, as well as with Pulse plugs and overall any other ignition enhancement products as well,and now im just waiting on a reply to that. did you get my PM bro?

·
Registered
430 Posts
^^^^^^^^^
+1 :yesnod:

1. The Great NY
2. CLTatenza
3. djquik1
4. Dash Rifrar

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
QUOTE (The Great NY @ Jun 16 2008, 10:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1370755
that was one of the question i asked, as well as with Pulse plugs and overall any other ignition enhancement products as well,and now im just waiting on a reply to that. did you get my PM bro?[/b]

The stock coils retail at $70 I think,but will post that tomorrow when I get to work

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
How bout us speeds? :) We'd only need 4.

·
Registered
94 Posts
please count me in

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
QUOTE (ATE BALLER @ Jun 17 2008, 12:39 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1370819
How bout us speeds? :) We'd only need 4.[/b]
please get me some good pics of your stock coil. are the speed coils same as the regular 6 coils?

QUOTE (auto exec mazda6s @ Jun 17 2008, 01:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1370833
please count me in[/b]
got u

QUOTE (Spidy @ Jun 17 2008, 05:04 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1370883
Are these just the coils? Can they get us the 0 ohm resistance wire sets as well that are plug and play?[/b]

i will bring this up to them today.

·
Registered
213 Posts
interested

·
Registered
110 Posts
Interested depending on timing. I leave the country for a month and a half August 1, so only if the product is available for order by mid July.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Im potentially interested, depending on when the pre orders for the fluidampr happen and what we hear from sniper since Dave sent them the coil & ecu as far as a time frame.

And like Dave said, their compatibility with the stacker 8.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
QUOTE (mariusvt @ Jun 17 2008, 10:37 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1370996
Im potentially interested, depending on when the pre orders for the fluidampr happen and what we hear from sniper since Dave sent them the coil & ecu as far as a time frame.

And like Dave said, their compatibility with the stacker 8.[/b]
Well,looking at Sniper's website here is the description of their coils................

Sniper, Inc. has teamed up with Weapon-X to provide superior ignition Coil On Plugs (COPS) for Ford vehicles with the 2 valve and 4 valve modular motor. With two patent pending features, extensive testing and ingenuitive product development Sniper/WeaponX has redefined high performance ignition coil design for the Ford engine by using ignition coil models developed for the F1 and F3 platform and adapted the technology for Ford engines.
While all others mimic technology that hasn't changed since the inception of the ignition coil, Sniper/WeaponX has taken a quantum leap ahead and has designed an ignition coil that has surpassed all others in form and function. By improving the noise suppression techniques of the system the Sniper/WeaponX coil / plug combination can recover 25% more power then its nearest competitor.

Sonic-V ignition coils are a completely new and proven design that unlike conventional designs are also a true coil on plug conversion. Typical Ford ignition coils are only coil near plug due to the small interconnecting spring between the ignition coil and the spark plug. The Sniper/WeaponX Sonic-V completely eliminates the need for the interconnect meaning better, more efficient power transfer capabilities than typical designs. Because of this, not only have customers gained anywhere from 10 to 80rwhp using them but many customers have reported fuel mileage increases as much as 3 miles to the gallon meaning this is an investment that can pay for itself in months.

Sonic-V Racing Ignition Coil features & benefits include
- Allows for greater spark plug gap to improve power & mpg
- multiple spark discharge
- ideal for vehicles producing over 16psi boost
- complete competition level RFI/EMI protection
- allows for better use with racing spark plugs if desired
- high output capability
- posses High Power Ignition circuits which both allow for quick charge and coil recovery characteristics all while delivering high energy transfer potential
- super high quality conductor selections
- ultra efficient power transfer and design characteristsic
- CNC profiled positive retention connectors
- weather proof dust boots
- unique blend of copper and zinc materials conducts electricity over 30x better then our stainless steel competitor and keeps resists corrosion unlike any other material
- high rpm capability
- extended fuel mileage
- extended horsepower

Secondary Voltage Potential - 80k volts
Secondary Coil Rating - 14.1k/ohms
Primary Coil Rating - 1.4ohms
Body Outer Diameter - 0.925 inches

Part #
SO-2000u2v (Ford Modular 2 valve)
SO-2000u4v (Ford Modular 4 valve)

Note: Typically 95% of our customers do a direct swap in with no issues meaning the Sonic-V coils do not typically require a tune, however, the coils have been known to lean out the combination ever so slightly over the OEM coils. If you have an extreme combination we really recommend checking things out with a Air/Fuel ratio monitor just to be safe.

According to this they have an 80k voltage rating and they are comparing to their competitor(Granetelli) directly in this.

1 - 20 of 284 Posts