Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered dynamat for my entire car today. (4doors, trunk lid, bottom of trunk)

Are people interested in having a custom kit made for our car? IE, should I create a template as I do it? Are people going to be interested in purchasing a dynamat kit that is precut for our car, or just a stencil to cut it yourself?

Let me know.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possibly, what kind of $$$ we talking about?
[/b]
I'd just be selling the stencil so that you can easily cut your own sheets. Just buy the dynamat on ebay and lay the stencil over, trace, and cut. I'd say no more than $20...

The kit iteself would probably be cost prohibitive due to shipping weight, etc.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
This is for lazy people! Installing dynamat doesn't take a rocket scientist, and a stencil is pretty pointless. It goes underneath stuff so who cares if its perfectly shaped and not overlapping.

·
Registered
366 Posts
This is for lazy people! Installing dynamat doesn't take a rocket scientist, and a stencil is pretty pointless. It goes underneath stuff so who cares if its perfectly shaped and not overlapping.
[/b]
I agree with Axion, just stick the dynamat on there and cover it back up with the door panels and other panels. Its not like they r going to look under ur panels to c how perfect ur dynamat is. Dont just give off $20 like that... i got like 2-3 layers of dynamat in my trunk, maybe in the future ill get sum more for the doors, floors and the roof of the car. I bought the dynamat bulk kit for like 100 dollars, a friend ordered it for me, its 9 sheets of dynamat, dont remember the dimisions of it though. But it is plenty to do the whole car, trunk, doors, floors, and roof. :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I agree with Axion, just stick the dynamat on there and cover it back up with the door panels and other panels. Its not like they r going to look under ur panels to c how perfect ur dynamat is. Dont just give off $20 like that... i got like 2-3 layers of dynamat in my trunk, maybe in the future ill get sum more for the doors, floors and the roof of the car. I bought the dynamat bulk kit for like 100 dollars, a friend ordered it for me, its 9 sheets of dynamat, dont remember the dimisions of it though. But it is plenty to do the whole car, trunk, doors, floors, and roof. :yesnod:
[/b]
haven't you ever heard the term "think smarter not harder?" Obviously you haven't installed dynamat yourself huh? I did my dynamat install myself on my 97 Ford Explorer and I must say, it was quite challenging! Besides almost getting cut up from that stuff a lot, it didn't look professional at all. A stencil would be nice, and for 20bucks? Dynamat works real good, I've had it installed in my Explorer, or should I say Exploder for the past 3 1/2 years I lived in Alaska and it helped a lot with heating up the cabin quicker! Dabears, if your willing to take the time out of your day, and make life easier for people looking at installing Dynamat for a nice SPL/SQL setup in their 6, I support that....count me in!

·
Registered
366 Posts
haven't you ever heard the term "think smarter not harder?" Obviously you haven't installed dynamat yourself huh? I did my dynamat install myself on my 97 Ford Explorer and I must say, it was quite challenging! Besides almost getting cut up from that stuff a lot, it didn't look professional at all. A stencil would be nice, and for 20bucks? Dynamat works real good, I've had it installed in my Explorer, or should I say Exploder for the past 3 1/2 years I lived in Alaska and it helped a lot with heating up the cabin quicker! Dabears, if your willing to take the time out of your day, and make life easier for people looking at installing Dynamat for a nice SPL/SQL setup in their 6, I support that....count me in!
[/b]
Actually i have installed dynamat in my car, myself. It doesnt look at professional, but as long as it doesnt show anywhere, itll be fine. But if u think a stencil will help u out, thats fine with me, its ur 20 bucks, not mine. Im not against this idea either, do what floats ur boat.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[/b]
DING DING DING. Get this man a beer.

After starting install tonight on the trunk lid and on the trunk bottom (under the spare tire), I have realized that it would be almost impossible to make a viable stencil, or even install it in 1 piece for that matter.

I will say that just doing the trunk lid and the trunk floor makes a HUGE difference. I am using a product called NUPRENE. It is a neoprene material. Thinner and lighter than dynamat, and cheaper. Seems to work pretty well...

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
http://www.raamaudio.com for the win.

RAAMmatt + Ensolite = the best combo by far
[/b]
RAAMmatt + Ensolite = 3x the price... I am just going for cutting down on road noise, not really doing it for sound quality...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Ive been thinking about putting sum of that stuff inside of the car, so lower the road noise. Cuz i dont like load road noise either... maybe this will be the next mod after the tranny cooler, gauges, and Injens SES Cat-back exhaust. :yesnod:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Oh Dynamat for sure will lower road noise don't worry! Just put it in the right places....
[/b]
Where would the right places be??

·
Registered
366 Posts
Doors, floor panels, under the seats etc.
[/b]
Yea..i knew that...lol :laugh:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts