Mazda 6 Forums banner

GI: Center Console Pop Up Navi for 03-07 Mazda 6

7K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  Bunty 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just trying to get a feel for who would be interested in a GB for Qualir's 03-07 center console pop up navi, QL-MZD266.

If you're buying alone, you're looking at close to $600 shipped. With a GB of 10+ we're getting it at $500 shipped.

Check out the product at:

http://www.autodvdgps.com/0307-mazda...-sd-p-634.html

Going to order alone if I don't get enough people by the end of this month. so if anyone is interested, let me know.

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
can I use the steering wheel controls to change MP3 songs?
I cant on mine and i bought it from the same company. To be honest i use the included remote control to change songs, using the unit itself is too difficult. You cant scroll through the list easily (actually i cant work out how to scroll at all other than pressing fast forward to play the next song)

Is my 6 CD bose system still working like it used to?
Yes, your 6 stacker will still work.

Is the usb port working with ipods?
Not for playing music

Im considering hooking my ipod up via the AV inputs. This would result in a black screen of course but i could then mount my ipod somewhere and use that to change music.

EDIT

Ok i just routed a composite to 3.5mm cable through into my cupholder and connected it to the inputs in the back of the system. Now when i press the AV button, my ipod is my music player! Then you can just close the systems lid and bobs your uncle! No steering wheel controls sure but an ipod is easier to fiddle with than the on screen players.

This will now be my preferred music playing method. $600 might seem expensive for what is effectively an AUX input haha, but the GPS program is actually really nice (iGo8) and playing a dvd might be handy for long trips.

#12 ·
I cant on mine and i bought it from the same company. To be honest i use the included remote control to change songs, using the unit itself is too difficult. You cant scroll through the list easily (actually i cant work out how to scroll at all other than pressing fast forward to play the next song)

Yes, your 6 stacker will still work.

Not for playing music

Im considering hooking my ipod up via the AV inputs. This would result in a black screen of course but i could then mount my ipod somewhere and use that to change music.

EDIT

Ok i just routed a composite to 3.5mm cable through into my cupholder and connected it to the inputs in the back of the system. Now when i press the AV button, my ipod is my music player! Then you can just close the systems lid and bobs your uncle! No steering wheel controls sure but an ipod is easier to fiddle with than the on screen players.

This will now be my preferred music playing method. $600 might seem expensive for what is effectively an AUX input haha, but the GPS program is actually really nice (iGo8) and playing a dvd might be handy for long trips.
I thought that the steering wheel controls still work for the stock radio.

#3 ·
yeah dude. the ddin conversions are expensive as hell. especially if you're looking to maintain steering wheel controls. there are adapters left n' right you gotta buy after the kit and the unit.

but to answer your questions:

all your steering wheel controls are still functional.
the unit does not effect your current setup. the two are independent of each other.
yes.

#8 ·
I wonder if there's a way to use this unit just for gps and dvd, but still be able to use the stock radio for music...

Can you power this unit without making the stock radio disabled?

#9 ·
am just wondering, is it motorized? while it looks like not. beside the interface is poor man, aint there anyway to change it. am running certerfuse and i cant downgrade. but its a good solution for those who lacks a GPS systme in there car. nice search but am out

#10 ·
If this is true that you can't use the steering wheel controls, I don't think I want one any more. I can just stick with the navigation on my cell phone. That definitely puts a damper on my day. Guess I should've just bought the factory nav when I bought the car...

#15 ·
I love my stock navigation......simple, easy, fast.

#16 ·
Ok, I'm confused...Can I still play music on my stock cd player while using the navigation unit for gps? From what I was told is that the nav unit basically takes over as the main system for music, dvds, and gps. So the stock radio is bypassed

I'll most likely only use this unit for the gps functions. I could care less if it played music or not. However, I would like to play music from my stock radio via iPod connector (XCarlink) and use this Nav unit for GPS...will that work?

#20 ·
You can use both the OEM head unit and the aftermarket unit. When I use the GPS I listen to CD's or radio on the OEM unit and the GPS will spit out commands via a separate speaker. If I want to use only GPS then I can have it come out of the OEM speakers. I can do A/V input via composite RCA's and 4-channel RCA outs to amps if I choose.

#21 ·
waited two months. mods didn't get back to me about letting me put up a GB so i bought it myself. oh well. good luck with the buy.

units pretty sick. everything triplejumper18 said and then some. the SD card doesn't read SDHC cards, fyi. so you gotta buy a standard SD card.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.