Mazda 6 Forums banner

GI: Center Console Pop Up Navi for 03-07 Mazda 6

7K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  Bunty 
I worked a deal for a price match of $559 shipping included, but I'm in if I can knock off $59 more.

I wonder if there's a way to use this unit just for gps and dvd, but still be able to use the stock radio for music...

Can you power this unit without making the stock radio disabled?

If this is true that you can't use the steering wheel controls, I don't think I want one any more. I can just stick with the navigation on my cell phone. That definitely puts a damper on my day. Guess I should've just bought the factory nav when I bought the car...

Ok, I'm confused...Can I still play music on my stock cd player while using the navigation unit for gps? From what I was told is that the nav unit basically takes over as the main system for music, dvds, and gps. So the stock radio is bypassed

I'll most likely only use this unit for the gps functions. I could care less if it played music or not. However, I would like to play music from my stock radio via iPod connector (XCarlink) and use this Nav unit for GPS...will that work?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.