Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GB: Tail Light Prices Fall as Health Insurance Goes Up

UPDATE 10/29: F4D Lighting is now taking semi-refundable deposits. See post 27 for more details. Also, the group buy will be ending on November 23rd, 2013.

UPDATE 10/17:
The group buy promotion has been confirmed. The F4D Lighting website is now showing the lower pricing. In an official press release, F4D Lighting says, "the U.S. government wasn't the only thing that was brought back today. Our Mazda6 LED Tail Lights are back on sale for a limited time." Pop sensation Gelena Somez endorsed the deal, saying, "when you're ready, come and get it. Na na. Na na." F4D Lighting has not yet announced a closing date for the promotion, but singer ReHannah expressed the importance of urgency, encouraging customers to, "shut up and buy...buy...buy...buy."

You can secure your order for the CAR-LED Mazda6 LED Tail Lights for only $350.00 by visiting the link below.

Mazda6 LED Tail Lights - F4D Lighting

Original Story 9/28: October 1st marks a new era for health insurance. Many Americans will be even poorer. One small business may be looking to help alleviate the pain of paying more to alleviate pain by offering drastic discounts on tail lights. According to one source, F4D Lighting is planning to announce a group buy promotion for the popular CAR-LED Mazda6 LED Tail Lights. People familiar with the matter say that the lights will go for $340 shipped, but could possibly go as low as $330. A $15 LED 3rd brake light is said to be available, too. A spokesperson from F4D Lighting declined to confirm the rumor, only saying "We believe our tail lights are the right choice for Americans, especially with the rising cost of healthcare. Brighter, faster lights help keep drivers safe." President Obama continues to defend the policy. "Look, let me be clear. These tail lights are awesome," he added.

·
Super Moderator
16,806 Posts
No it doesn't. It's a GI thread for CAR-LED taillights, not an attempt at a political pissing matching about Obamacare.
He's correct - Please read the whole post before assuming he's just trying to cause a fuss.

Besides, it was funny and kind of true.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Let's leave the politics out of this, xtmesisx. Last thing we need is for Mazda6Club forums to turn into another Facebook.

·
Registered
151 Posts
He's correct - Please read the whole post before assuming he's just trying to cause a fuss.

Besides, it was funny and kind of true.
I read the whole post, Byakuya, and I respectfully disagree. In my opinion it was not funny, and it was clearly troll-bait.

Tell me, what does the health care act and whoever happens to be the President have to do with LEDs?

I come here for cars, not politics.

·
Super Moderator
16,806 Posts
Let's leave the politics out of this, xtmesisx. Last thing we need is for Mazda6Club forums to turn into another Facebook.
The only one offended here seems to be you. Xtmesisx is a staunch liberal but he can take a joke like the rest of us.

The thread is for Car LEDs, an extremely popular item.

Please remove your No-Thank-You's and take yourself elsewhere if you cannot contribute anything useful to this thread.

I read the whole post, Byakuya, and I respectfully disagree. In my opinion it was not funny, and it was clearly troll-bait.

Tell me, what does the health care act and whoever happens to be the President have to do with LEDs?

I come here for cars, not politics.
You are exactly right. It's troll bait, and you took it. You're also right in that health care has nothing to do with LEDs, but if you read half of @xtmesisx 's FS threads, 90% of the content has nothing to do with the item he's selling but they're damn funny.

You're on the internet, it's a really bad place if you can't take a joke here and there.

·
Administrator
8,407 Posts
Okay, before this goes COMPLETELY off-topic, the political stuff stops here. The OP is drumming up interest for a group buy, IMO he's not taking shots at politics, he's just making a joke. Any more off-topic posts within this thread will result in the deletion of the post, as well as a short vacation for the poster.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I most certainly didn't bring politics into this. I was just pointing out it's a Group Interest (GI) thread, not a politics thread, so it doesn't belong in the Lounge.

If Charles wants to use partisan political humor as a marketing tool, that's his prerogative. I wouldn't necessarily recommend that tactic because, as you've so plainly displayed, not everyone will agree with the joke or be able to discount it if they don't, and that could seriously hurt a business' bottom line.

The only one offended here seems to be you. Xtmesisx is a staunch liberal but he can take a joke like the rest of us.
Ah so my severity has been upgraded to Staunch now... Tell me again, which Threat Level color is that? Orange, Red, or Rainbow? :D:D trolololol

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If Charles wants to use partisan political humor as a marketing tool, that's his prerogative. I wouldn't necessarily recommend that tactic because, as you've so plainly displayed, not everyone will agree with the joke or be able to discount it if they don't, and that could seriously hurt a business' bottom line.
Yeah, that's definitely true, but I could also argue that using jokes as a marketing tool draws in the crowd that thinks most businesses are too formal and uptight. In my experience, most car enthusiasts are pretty laid back and can take a joke, no matter what their actual opinion of the matter is. At the end of the day, you can't please everyone, but trying to do that also carries its own problems.

Here's a helpful link to the F4D website.
Thanks. The reason a link wasn't posted in the OP was because this is an interest thread, just to get things rolling. I'm not opening this up for payments until next week, and the site may go down as I adjust the pricing. I didn't want people getting confused in the meantime, or getting mad because the linked price isn't what I said it would be in the OP. Rest assured, once this progresses from a GI to a GB, all the details will be posted and clearly outlined, just as they've always been in the past.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Dude get these spyders aren't that great look better in pictures than they do on the car IMO

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Ive seen a spyder set on a 6 here on the islands like Laras one. Liked the look of it.Dont like the circle type spyder set.

Unfortunately,I already made the purchase yesterday and the lights have been shipped out this morning. Originally wanted the spyders so I could stio run my high power cree turn signals which are insanely bright and I absolutely love.lol. Not too sure on how the other motorists feel but atleast they have no excuse to not seeing me signal.haha

Im stio going in on this though, as I stated earlier, Id love to have 2 sets to which I could swap out whenever I feel like it. Both will be tinted with VHT, when received, a little darker than my current setup.

Was stucc between the two before I settled on the spyders since it was half the price, but hey, Im all for a group interest/group buy ESPECIALLY if its for some car leds.lol

Thanks for the input though bro. Much appreciated.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts