Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 mazda 6 V6 3.0L automatic and I just replaced my TB the other day with an optimized TB. I dont have a gasket from the engine to the TB so i didnt think it was a big deal and installed it anyway. I started the car up and let it run for a little bit. When i took it for a test drive i was surprised. The car drives by itself. i dont even have to touch the gas and the car goes. it shifts and keeps going to 20 mph like nothing. but the rpms are high about 1500 when im at idle. when i drive it revolutions sound high and they keep wanting to change. the car just wants to go and keep driving. i have to drive with my foot on the brake. i think that since i have no gasket the engine is recieving too much air. What could it be?

·
Registered
676 Posts
I would say that that is definitely the problem. Gaskets are there for a reason and whenever you take a part off you should always replace the gasket with a new one. Without the gasket in place the car is receiving an increased airflow due to gaps between the two peices of metal simulating your foot on the gas a little bit, hence the very high idle and driving up to about 20mph which is what would happen if you were to drive normally at 1500 rpms. Just take it to the dealership they should have a gasket for you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i redid the installation and made sure everything was fitted on correctly and tight along with the gasket. i cleaned the sensor on the TB and the MAF. it is completely different from the other day. the rpms are still high but not as high as the first time. the rpms are miuch lower and its actually safe to drive my car now. but i still get the problem of the car going by itself. it just wants to go albeit at a slower pace then the first time. now could it be that the computer needs to adjust itself? or is something wrong?

·
Registered
781 Posts
QUOTE (roxas1215 @ Jan 15 2010, 04:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1630123
I have a 2006 mazda 6 V6 3.0L automatic and I just replaced my TB the other day with an optimized TB. I dont have a gasket from the engine to the TB so i didnt think it was a big deal and installed it anyway. I started the car up and let it run for a little bit. When i took it for a test drive i was surprised. The car drives by itself. i dont even have to touch the gas and the car goes. it shifts and keeps going to 20 mph like nothing. but the rpms are high about 1500 when im at idle. when i drive it revolutions sound high and they keep wanting to change. the car just wants to go and keep driving. i have to drive with my foot on the brake. i think that since i have no gasket the engine is recieving too much air. What could it be?[/b]

Hahahahahahaahaahah

it will do that for a couple days haha, it will pass, just give it time, oh and every time you disconnect the Battery this procces will repeat it self lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so thats normal for a new TB? i should drive around like that even though its dangerous? will the system eventually adjust itself and work properly? so i should have nothing to be worried about then? theres no problem just the car adjusting to the new piece?

·
Registered
426 Posts
QUOTE (roxas1215 @ Jan 17 2010, 10:13 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1630249
so thats normal for a new TB? i should drive around like that even though its dangerous? will the system eventually adjust itself and work properly? so i should have nothing to be worried about then? theres no problem just the car adjusting to the new piece?[/b]
Basically, every time the ECU resets it is hard-coded for the stock TB. Resetting it gives values far from what the computer expected. 2-3 days and the EMS will learn the problem. Only true solution is to re-tune the car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i understand why the car has high rpms. but i dont know why the car drives by itself. this is normal when you replace the TB? this problem will correct itself eventually? i dont like the fact that the car just drives by itself and i have to keep my foot on the brake all the time. this will correct itself?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
QUOTE (roxas1215 @ Jan 16 2010, 06:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1630269
i understand why the car has high rpms. but i dont know why the car drives by itself. this is normal when you replace the TB? this problem will correct itself eventually? i dont like the fact that the car just drives by itself and i have to keep my foot on the brake all the time. this will correct itself?[/b]

It is probably nothing more than the TPS being confused because the change in how the gears/teeth are lined-up stock vs. 'optimized'. I would think doing the TPS re-set steps would take care of it. There shouldn't be anything to 're-tune'.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so ive let the car try and re adjust to the new TB. But now i have a CEL on with the codes P2109 P0507 P2112. Can i just keep the CEL on knowing that its the car trying to adjust itself to the new TB? and im going to give the TB a week to correct itself. if it doesnt then im going to put back my old one.

·
Registered
403 Posts
QUOTE (roxas1215 @ Jan 19 2010, 08:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1630775
so ive let the car try and re adjust to the new TB. But now i have a CEL on with the codes P2109 P0507 P2112. Can i just keep the CEL on knowing that its the car trying to adjust itself to the new TB? and im going to give the TB a week to correct itself. if it doesnt then im going to put back my old one.[/b]
All those codes refer to a problem with your throttle body,

P2109 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor

P0507 Idle Control System RPM Higher Than Expected

P2112 Throttle Actuator Control System - Stuck Closed

You shouldnt have had any of these problems, i also have an optimized throttle body and never had a problem when i first installed it. Send it back, im sure they will replace it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts