Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
That is the sickest video I've seen on here! Can anyone confirm if this video is a hoax? That car would have to have like 2000hp to accelerate like that.

Edit: Wait I noticed that the camera speeds up and slows down. The fence part at the end is still cool though.

·
Registered
544 Posts
wow, that is soo creepy !!

btw, what kind of car is that ? It looked sort of like a Lexus for a while, then some full size american car later ...

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is the sickest video I've seen on here! Can anyone confirm if this video is a hoax? That car would have to have like 2000hp to accelerate like that.

Edit: Wait I noticed that the camera speeds up and slows down. The fence part at the end is still cool though. [/b]
I think it is real. It says CourtTV on the bottom right, and that looks like a police video. I don't know. I think they sped up the boring parts to get to the point, but that is fucked up.

wow, that is soo creepy !!

btw, what kind of car is that ? It looked sort of like a Lexus for a while, then some full size american car later ... [/b]
The car looks kind of old. It looks like an American vehicle of the 80s?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Some theories I've read was that the fence wasn't planted down so he rammed into it probably fuckin' up his car (but hey, you're running for the cops), but I rewatched the video and he seemed so close to the pole that it didn't even seem plausible.

I love this video.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
The fence is clearly popping back up as the cop spins around. You can see the top of it bouncing up and down. It's also missing at least one of its posts. You can see the spacing of the posts on the left side of the fence is the standard 8 feet, but there's not a single support post for well over 20 feet of the chain-link. Looks like either the post was either missing there already, which would allow it to easily lay down then pop back up, or the driver knocked the post down and the fence came off the post then popped back up.

The only weird part is that telephone pole that's seemginly right in the path of the car. But it's very plausible that he just came VERY close to hitting it as he drove through the fence.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What makes this video truly weird is how he seemingly disappeared with ease early on, too.

·
Registered
233 Posts
if the fence popped back up, wouldn't the police have come back and checked it later and it wouldnt be a mystery anymore? im sure theyve gone back and reexamined what happened.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Why do they say that he accelerated to "supernatural" speeds or whatever, and when they say that the video speeds up? And he never totally disappears that first time. If you watch his tailights closely you see that they just blend in with some street lamps up ahead. And I find it curious that the video cuts right when he "mysteriously" reappears.

Seems like a case of bad filming to me. They mention how the cops who watched the video interpreted it. But what about the cops that were in the car during the chase?

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
if the fence popped back up, wouldn't the police have come back and checked it later and it wouldnt be a mystery anymore? im sure theyve gone back and reexamined what happened.
[/b]
It's a TV show, they were being dramatic. The footage definitely lends itself to some exaggeration. Like with the whole "supernatural speeds" bit -- you can see the stripes on the road, the car was not going that fast. On TV, without the ability to watch it over and over, you'd never notice that the fence was bobbing up and down. Who knows if the department even considers it some big "mystery", they just makes that stuff up because it makes for good TV.

·
Registered
233 Posts
It's a TV show, they were being dramatic. The footage definitely lends itself to some exaggeration. Like with the whole "supernatural speeds" bit -- you can see the stripes on the road, the car was not going that fast. On TV, without the ability to watch it over and over, you'd never notice that the fence was bobbing up and down. Who knows if the department even considers it some big "mystery", they just makes that stuff up because it makes for good TV.
[/b]
true, whatever makes ur small town famous i guess.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts