Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I was checkin out the mazda site today, and noticed that if you want to add the 'gfx' package it asks you to add moonroof and bose audio beforehand. The GFX package by itself is around $750 CAN but with those two options its well over 2K. Do you know if its possible to add a GFX package without those two options? (I have a silver v6 already ;) and just want to add the skirts and that stuff, but the GFX by itself comes out cheaper then getting all of them separately ;)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Reading Topic: GFX Package

They grouped the GFX, moonroof and BOSE together.

The only way you may possibly get them to ungroup the 3 is to work closely with a dealer to do a custom order. You might also want to contact Mazda Canada to ask if such a custom order is possible (before going to the dealers).

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'GFX Package'

or if u can't do that with mazda canada

u can do what whoami did and buy the skirts from mazdastuff and then get dealer to install it

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Originally posted by wongpres

They grouped the GFX, moonroof and BOSE together.

The only way you may possibly get them to ungroup the 3 is to work closely with a dealer to do a custom order. You might also want to contact Mazda Canada to ask if such a custom order is possible (before going to the dealers).[/b]
Went to a mazda dealership today... First of all the didnt really answer my question and second its a ripoff lol :) $1400 for the skirts + labour, no exhaust tips or interior stuff. When they list whole GFX to be $745 or somethign like that on the site. Gonna email Mazda Canada and see what they say...

·
Registered
682 Posts

I had the same delima myself - the car looks stellar with the GFX package but the ~$2k to get the sunroof etc. puts it a little to high up for now.

I bought a GS-V6 from Kieswetter Mazda (Kitchener) and they told me that there is no way to get the GFX package from Mazda Canada. However, they were willing to talk about a "package" from their body shop that would use the components from Mazda. I didn't ask, but I'll bet by the time they paint/install everything it would be north of $1500.

I'll ask and let everyone know what they say...

·
Registered
256 Posts

The GFX package lists with the GT model for $765 because the GT already has the stereo upgrade and sunroof. Its $2200 on a GS. So too bad for them, I'll just do without because I want the stereo and sunroof, but not the body kit.

As for dealerships, I told Kieswetter to take a hike after I found out I was test driving somebody's brand new car that they had ordered! It wasn't a demo. Lack of respect for the customer there, I'll tell you.

·
Registered
256 Posts

Another dealer I was talking to on the weekend said they would be willing to swap some parts around if I didn't want the GFX stuff, but they would have to have a buyer for both cars, because if they took stuff off one, it wouldn't be tradeable any more.

Anyone know if the aero-kit stuff is simply bolt-on? I want a GS with the roof and stereo, but I don't want the body kit. We could trade.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

u have to drill holes into the trunk

if it was me...i rather have a pro do that

i think there's a post about installation of the spoiler by panama driver somewhere in the forums not sure.....

i finally got my sports grille yipeeee :D

·
Registered
25 Posts

I was asking about replacing the GS bumper with the GT sport bumper in this thread http://www.mazda6club.com/forums/read.php?TID=4036. It seems like some guy in Panama has done this. Any one willing to try this out here in Canada? I called Mazda Canada and my dealer and they both say that it can't be done without replacing the 2 front corner panels. I won't believe that Mazda would waste money by making the 6 require 2 different sets of panels. Sounds kinda fishy to me.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

finally got mine grille yesterday

install mine in 2 minutes 2 screws up top and 4 tab thingy

now that i got the front chrome out, i'm very happei :)

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

i got it thru my dad bodyshop fairlane collision who deals wit signature mazda

i ask how much it was but they didnt' get a invoice yet..i let u know when i get it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts