Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, i've been comtemplating on getting the current rims painted (the billion spoke stock MS6 rims lol) now if you guys can help me out on this, i'll greatly appreciate it!.

heres the scoop. The car is on Lease... and i dont want to spend anywhere on new rims and tires plus all the other bullshit! so i was thinking to get them painted black.... now how hard would it be to get them painted black, and then getting the paint taken off when the lease expires...... Email me if you guys please....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I'm in the same boat...haha

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
painting would cost probably 200-250 for a shop to do all 4.

afterwards, you would need to basically do the whole process over again, so another 200-250 to refinish them.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
would i be better off getting them painted and then then repainted? or just getting new fucking wheels? lol

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Well I'm assuming new wheels would be at a minimum 500+ so....up to you.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
If you got new wheels, you could always sell them when you return the MS6. Then you'd get some of your money back.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
plus you wouldnt hafta deal with having the car on 4 jackstands until the shop finishes painting the rims....

you'd be out a car for like 3+ days usually

and you'd hafta get the tires remounted and balanced, so add 80$ to the figure

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea but rims are gonna run me a minuim of a grand, of nice decent rims + another 500-1000 for tires +mounting and balance...

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
yea but rims are gonna run me a minuim of a grand, of nice decent rims + another 500-1000 for tires +mounting and balance...
[/b]
true, but it will save you some time in the long run, and your not saving that much money, plus aftermarket rims will look much better than stock rims painted black.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
on the titanium paint with tinted windows, the OEM rims dont look bad at all, and if they get painted black..... i PERSONALLY think that'll look pretty fucking hot....but i mean your opinion might be different....

although, you guys do make a good point on selling the rims, and getting some of my money back...... thanks guys

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have been thinking if getting my rims powdercoated whit because I think that it looks fucking sweet on a white car. The only drawback is the amount of dusting that our wheels get from the brakes.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
If the car is on lease I would not touch the stock rims, if you have any issues the dealer is going to rape you it when you turn it back in!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Okay guys, i've been comtemplating on getting the current rims painted (the billion spoke stock MS6 rims lol) now if you guys can help me out on this, i'll greatly appreciate it!.

heres the scoop. The car is on Lease... and i dont want to spend anywhere on new rims and tires plus all the other bullshit! so i was thinking to get them painted black.... now how hard would it be to get them painted black, and then getting the paint taken off when the lease expires...... Email me if you guys please.... [/b]

Obviously you're going to get hammered at the end of the lease with the wheels painted like that.....and you're easily looking at $500+ to have them painted and then re-painted, assuming they're able to match the stock color to put them back in original shape.
you don't HAVE to spend $1000 on a set of wheels, there are a lot of excellent rims out there in the $500-$700 range, nor do you HAVE to buy new tires to put on them, your present tires could be mounted on the new rims. And it has been previously mentioned that you could resell the rims after you turn the car back in and at least recoup some of your money.

Do whatever you wish, but that's probably the most financially logical approach.

·
Registered
592 Posts
It should Cost You Around $400-$500 depending on the shops prices... It should take about a full days work to prep and paint...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
pretty hot ^...damn so tempted to do that on my red...but freaking leased...=(

probably wont touch it. I swear I'll just throw charcoal on it and call it a day haha.

·
Registered
940 Posts
pretty hot ^...damn so tempted to do that on my red...but freaking leased...=(

probably wont touch it. I swear I'll just throw charcoal on it and call it a day haha.
[/b]
Just don't bother washing the wheels - they will be black in no time. ;)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
It should Cost You Around $400-$500 depending on the shops prices... It should take about a full days work to prep and paint...

[/b]
i didnt think i would like them, but i must say those look pretty sweet.

·
Registered
358 Posts
[/b]
Food for thought...
It's worth it if you plan on keeping the car after the lease or buy/lease another MS6 again.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea, i cant find anywhere to get that shit done... all the shops said they dont power coat wheels...ASSHOLES!!!!

·
Registered
940 Posts
yea, i cant find anywhere to get that shit done... all the shops said they dont power coat wheels...ASSHOLES!!!!
[/b]
They are ASSHOLES because they do not offer every service possible? Dude, chill out.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts