Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 299 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hey this is my first post as I just purchased me 07 MS6 October 20th. My main concern after reading all the talk about CAI and voiding of warranties is that I want the intake installed so that it opens my engine up a bit (and for the sounds of course) but Mazda is now saying the only CAI that won't void the warranty is the Intake they sell. Is this a good product compared to whats out there for the MS6? A buddy of mine recommended the Custom Performance Engineering intake (Cp-E) with a 1g DSM BOV, and to be honest I don't know how much better if at all this CAI is over the one Mazda sells for around $300. Any help you guys can give a real newbie would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey this is my first post too, i have a dark blue 03 mazda6 with slight mods, and was thinking
of getting a cold air intake for it, and have found some really cheap ones going on ebay.com
for like 70bucks some even cheaper,
is there any reason why i shouldnt get this? =] thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, can someone tell me which mods a newbie can do themselves, approximately how long, or if it needs to be done at a auto shop, or dealership?

Also how much HP or torque each component will bring to the Mazda6 (seperate for 6i, 6s, and MS6 please).

This is a great sticky, and may probably be better with the additional information. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Hi, can someone tell me which mods a newbie can do themselves, approximately how long, or if it needs to be done at a auto shop, or dealership?[/b]
That totally depends on your mechanical skill level and/or comfort with trying new things. When I bought my 6 I had never done any modding outside of basic audio system installs so I figured everything would need to be done by a pro. Well after doing my research I decided to do my own mods and while I haven't done anything spectacular, I have still done way more than I thought I was capable of. The first time I took off my bumper to install my HID's I was sweating bullets, however now that I've done it I realize it's no big deal. I think that only you can answer your own question.

Also how much HP or torque each component will bring to the Mazda6 (seperate for 6i, 6s, and MS6 please).[/b]
I think the idea of this sticky is to help us newbies but not necessary to hold our hands. Do some research and you'll find the information you're looking for.

·
Registered
63 Posts
QUOTE (05 mazda6s @ Mar 22 2007, 07:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=962427
I made this post for those starting out in mods, I thought this would be a good post to show what most of us modded 6's have done in order. Something a little bit like this. Thought this would be a good sticky for 1st mods and mods in general and where you can find them.

</span></span></span></span>[/b]
what does optimized/bored out tb mean?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I should of read this before I put up my newbie post..I guess that is why I am a newbie...thanks a lot I will look into this more!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
QUOTE (illyrian1 @ Jun 13 2008, 05:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1368894
what does optimized/bored out tb mean?[/b]
Optmizimg/boring out the throttlebody (the part in between the intake manifold and the airbox tube) means that you are increasing the overall diameter (since it is a circle) of the throttle body as well as shaving excess maeal off of the throttle plate itself. Because you are reducing the amount of metal inside the throttle body and making it larger, this allows more air to pass trrough the throttle body and into the engine, therefore creating more horsepower. :drive:

You can either do this on your own (http://sdbhost.com/cms/docs/TB6optimize.html)

Or order one from Cordova Motor Sports (www.CordovaMotorSports.com)
Note, if your car is PZEV, I would highly recomend a 60mm bored out throttle body from Cordova. Not only would you lose some sheet metal, but you would also gain 5mm in diameter.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi I just have a question, I checked out the Tanabe Concept G exhaust but it didnt specificly state if it will fit the Inline 4 mazda6, so can anyone tell me that if that exhaust will fit the I4 mazda6?

Thank you! :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
QUOTE (Panda6 @ Oct 27 2008, 04:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1466357
Hi I just have a question, I checked out the Tanabe Concept G exhaust but it didnt specificly state if it will fit the Inline 4 mazda6, so can anyone tell me that if that exhaust will fit the I4 mazda6?

Thank you! :)[/b]
Since the Tanabe is just an axel-back, I would have to assume that it would fit both models.
In all honesty, I really don't think that the Tanabe would be the best option.
Thier product quality is second to none and you would probably be very happy with the sound, but $590 is a lot to spend on an axel-back (however, this is coming from someone who is going to put the Greddy on their 6i because i'm a stubborn jackass [found the Greddy for $800 @ www.raceinspired.com])
If you want to find some more exhaust info, check out the exhaust compilation thread at the beginning of this thread.
That is, unless your like me and absolutly have your heart set on a certain exhaust.

·
Registered
54 Posts
QUOTE (Frost881 @ Oct 27 2008, 06:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1466559
Since the Tanabe is just an axel-back, I would have to assume that it would fit both models.
In all honesty, I really don't think that the Tanabe would be the best option.
Thier product quality is second to none and you would probably be very happy with the sound, but $590 is a lot to spend on an axel-back (however, this is coming from someone who is going to put the Greddy on their 6i because i'm a stubborn jackass [found the Greddy for $800 @ www.raceinspired.com])
If you want to find some more exhaust info, check out the exhaust compilation thread at the beginning of this thread.
That is, unless your like me and absolutly have your heart set on a certain exhaust.[/b]

Thank you so much Frost881, I really appriciated that you can answer my question. Thanks bro!
So yeah, my mind is pretty much set on that Tanabe exhaust, cuz it does not sound ricey and it is :nono: that loud at all.

Again thank you. :D

41 - 60 of 299 Posts
About this Discussion
298 Replies
226 Participants
lancelankou
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing