Mazda 6 Forums banner

241 - 260 of 299 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Just joined great club got a first Gen mazda 6 sport 2.3 and loving it pacific blue gem got plans racing round my head blank canvas changing radio got up to date black one still like sliver stock one bee stink outta here thick WRC type Mazda speed slick sliver badges subtle mods debage grill the list goes on will post pictures
Congrats on the purchase next time use some punctuation in your posts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello.

I am having trouble with my 2003 2.3L Mazda 6. I have had it for almost 2 years. A couple of weeks ago, while attempting to go home from work, the car started and started revving as if I had my foot pressing up and down on the pedal. I had the car towed to my home and looked up information to try to fix the problem.

I have changed the air filter and cleaned the Throttle body, MAF sensor and the Air Filter/Tubing. I also added more oil, the oil was almost gone if not depleted. I changed the spark plugs and the old ones were a light to dark brown.

After changing/cleaning, the car will not turn over.

Does anyone know why this car would not crank and not start?

·
Registered
1 Posts
We bought ($3700) a "new" (new to us) 2004 Mazda 6 with 134 K miles. The engine failed 2 weeks after purchase, and was replaced with a rebuilt engine. Now the rebuilt engine has failed (6 weeks later), and it's going to be "out of pocket." Any idea what this should cost either at a private garage or the dealer? Any recommendations? We bought the vehicle from a private garage where they repair cars and on the side buy and sell, and while they replaced the first failed engine for free, they say replacing this second one will be $1600-$1800. Is that a fair price?

·
Registered
2 Posts
This rule was to show what could be better in each class and where to get them. Not getting your reply, my first mod was to join my old sub amp into the Bose sub (and still have it that way 4 yrs later).

Next, I gutted the interior of the air box. It took me a lot longer to realize that you could remove the "flapper" as well (0$).
[url=http://www.contenthoop.com/preventativevehiclemaintenance/
8315/] PREVENTATIVE VEHICLE MAINTENANCE[/URL]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Folks.
I just purchased, my first Mazda and I'm loving it. The look, the feel, did I mention the look ?
I'm the 2nd owner of a 2010 Mazda 6 V-6 GT, with the tech package. The engine has 120,000 klm. The only thing, it doesn't have is a rear view camera.
I'm getting 13.1 Liters per 100 kilometers, almost all city driving. I've experimented using higher octane, but I found in my case, the car roars better with 87 Octane, on mostly Esso gas.
My favorite part of the car is the steering feel. It's precise and I never have to correct.
My other enjoyment, is that I can drive the car as if it's standard, but without the clutch. That's fun to do.
Lastly, I like hearing the roar noise, when accelerating.
Anyone know, when I should change plugs ? The car seems to be fine, so it could be a waste of time and money.
Is changing the air filter to one of those K&N ones, worth the trouble ? In other words, if I had a bit of money to spend to make the car slightly better, should I invest it there first ?? or what would you suggest.
I'm certainly not a mechanic, so please go easy on me. Thank you for reading. Take care.

·
Registered
1 Posts
changing spark plugs, filter

Nice car! The one I want next. I have 2010 Sporti, automatic. I leased mine new then loved the car so much I bought out the lease. Mine has about 94K. In my experience, I've only changed the plugs 1x and just because it was part of the factory recommended maintenance - not because of any issues. I've left everything stock on this car so can't comment on changing the filter. These engines are built so well, I'm of the opinion "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Even at this mileage, mine easily does everything I ask it to do up to 100mph. The only issue I've had is going through brakes/rotors 2x since purchase, and I'm not a "slam on the brakes" kind of driver. I also have a "pully" type noise going on that no one seems to be able to diagnose for me ): Enjoy your ride!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank You Brucem6....good point about the spark plugs, I'll check with the dealership to see if they can tell me if it was ever done. Also I'll spend a few minutes going over what the scheduled maintenance calls for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I just joined. I bought a 04 6s auto back in August and it needs a little cosmetic work and I am trying to find out what front and back bumpers I could replace the damaged/ugly ones that are on the car now? Also it has a CEL for can shaft position censor that I was told is caused by the oil control censor. But after calling around Mazda doesn't make this censor and nowhere seams to sell one either does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this CEL?

·
Super Moderator
16,801 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
How difficult was it to paint your calipers? i have been wanting to do this in hopes to delay rusting.

Dude! Most of these cost money! Some cost real money (at least for me).

My first mod was to splice my old sub amp into the bose sub (and still have it that way 4 yrs later).

Next, I gutted the interior of the air box. It took me a lot longer to realize that you could remove the "flapper" as well (0$).

I did tint the windows ($150) and later added aluminum pedals ($15).

My last mod was to paint the calipers ($17 + a lot of time cleaning off 4 yrs of break dust build up) and the JVD caliper stickers ($10). I realize this mod is a little ricey, but black calipers with silver stickers on a silver car was very subtle. I didn't go red or yellow... not that there is anything wrong with that!

I would love to do a lot of the mods that are listed in the first post, but...

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi i have 2003 mazda 6 3.0 had motor rebuilt and i put it in everything is hooked up as i took it apart maybe ground in wrong place but i put it back where i got it so all in aLL I FIRED IT UP no start again and again and again for some reason i unplugged the map sensor and did it again it fired right up and engine light stayed on and battery light as well so i was curious and wile car was running as soon as i plugged the map sensor in air tube car died imidiatly so i sat down and never touched anything and just looked at the car lol few mins went by and the throttle moved on it own like adjusting itself and a few times so i tryed to put the scanner to it and the scanner light up but never connected it wont let me read anything at all wile car is running and in park the green indicator telling me my car is in park went red all the sudden as if i pulled it out of gear and the same time the rpm gauge droped to 0 the engine light flashes wile car is off and key is on altonator is charging and battery is good the only ground wires i have ad since the begining are the one on passanger side fusible link that screws to upper motor mount plate the other ground wire i have by starter location is lil thick and only screws in with a 8 milimetter screw to ?? its origonal place when i pulled the motor was the rear head on drivers side i dont know if im missing another ground this car started fine before i pulled motor and no lights were on my email [email protected] 17082501146 cell

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys I recently joined this forum just yesterday. I have a 2016 Mazda 6 with about 1100 miles on it and I want to change the intake and exhaust. Should I talk with the service deparment at my dealership to see if changing them will void my warranty? Thanks for any response.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Wont void the warranty unless they can PROVE the mod caused the damage. Theres a court case im blanking on that protects you. With that being said the dealership can still give u a hard time. As far as the intake though, u can swap your stock one out pretty quick

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all, I am Andrew and I'm a 6-aholic. Been a while out of the forum as busy life but back.

I just traded my 06 classic (avatar) for a 15 Sport Wagon. I am loving it.
So excited about modding the car a little to make it Unique.

Thinking of getting footwell welcome lights in RED from the CX-5 just to be different. But not sure where they mount?
Also love to get some GT/Touring level electrical goodies at some stage.
Nothing definitive around...are headlight protectors/bonnet protectors any use? or just a way of mazda to suck up a few hundred dollars? (plus bonnet protector looks odd?)

Thanks guys

241 - 260 of 299 Posts