Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a sound similar to brakes squealing, but it's not such a loud screech like brakes, it's more of a lower volume squeal, I can hear it when I put my windows down. If my steering wheel is straight, dead center, and then I slightly turn it to the left, I get this noise. Turning it to right won't make it, it only happens when the wheel is slightly to the left and I'm going 0-40ish mph. It's like a fast, recurring low-pitch squeal that repeats itself every 0.3-0.5 seconds. So it's like "squeal, squeal, squeal" over and over until I turn the wheel in a slightly different position to make it stop.

You guys think I have like a warped rotor or something? or what does it sound like? Could it be my Hawk HPS brakes? They've squealed ever since I installed them, but I don't think they'd make this noise if I'm not even applying the brakes at all.

It's not super noticeable, but it's just loud enough that I can hear it and it's bugging me. It sounds like it's coming from the right front side, maybe left front..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Very similar to what I had last week. I'm sure there are half a dozen possible answers, but when I took mine in for it it turned out to be a defective brake pad shim. They replaced it in an hour and all is well.

Other possibilities here.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh, you mean the little metal plate that goes over the pad? I had some trouble with those when I installed my Hawk HPS pads. Like it wouldn't fit very well over the pads cause it was too thick or something. I figured this could've been a possible cause

·
Registered
50 Posts
Certainly worth looking at, then. Mine was loud enough to hear with the windows up, but thats just a matter of degrees. Give 'em a wiggle or a kick and see what happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
Anthem
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing