Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a Siruis Sattalite Radio, it installed real nice, no wires showing, it looks stock, you'd half to look close to see that its held on by velcrow, and I also have an Mp3 player, I have an FM transmitter that I have to put batteries in, and still it sucks, unless I'm listening to a CD, all my music is full of static, is there any way I can add a direct imput line to the stock Boss sound system??

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I just installed a Siruis Sattalite Radio, it installed real nice, no wires showing, it looks stock, you'd half to look close to see that its held on by velcrow, and I also have an Mp3 player, I have an FM transmitter that I have to put batteries in, and still it sucks, unless I'm listening to a CD, all my music is full of static, is there any way I can add a direct imput line to the stock Boss sound system??[/b]
Would the Sylfex Auxmod work on the bose system? That is what I use. I couldn't stand it when I had the FM transmitter.. I don't have the bose setup though

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Assuming you'd install the Auxmod like the AudioLink (plugging it into the back of the headunit), you'd have to get rid of your Sirius.[/b]
THe auxmod is a chip that you plug in to where the tape deck would have oirginally been docked..

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yes...I hate my FM Transmitter as well, for some reason, my HID lights are causing an increase in static and noise, its really wierd and really annoying, I'd like a direct input that doesn't involve audiolink as I have other devices I'd like to hook my car up too other than an IPOD.

·
Registered
151 Posts
visit crutchfield.com there might be a solution for your sirius, seriously :yesnod: :drive:

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
You guys should pick up some cheap FM modulators. Its still FM, but it plugs directly into the antenna. I cant notice a diff between that and CD, however I do not have this setup on the 6, only my previous car but it *should* work. The way mine was set up was the FM modulator goes to the antenna port, the actual antenna into it, and a input line for mp3 players, ipods, etc etc. Anyway, just an idea. Last i heard they were around 15-30 bucks on ebay. I could reach the antenna on my old car without removing anything, so the setup was super easy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
my sirius radio does the same thing. in the car i had before i installed an aftermarket cd/sirius radio in it and it was great. now i have the plug and play and i pick up static when i travel out of the radio stations range the FM transmitter is using. my dad bought this thing that hooks into the antena in the back on the stock radio and so it gets ride of the transmitter but still runs throught the FM station it is supposed to eliminate the static. i could but the aftermarket cd player in this car but i dont want to get ride of my 6 cd player lol. as soon as it gets warmer my dad is gonna put that in my car and also the amp and sub i had in the other car. so if anyone else has this devide tell us how it does.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Auxmod is the way to go. It does not use the connector for the CD changer but instead plugs in where the tape deck would connect. I installed one to use with my Sirius receiver and it works great - just select "TAPE/MD" (or "MEDIA", I believe, on newer models). I did need a Ground Loop Isolator to remove engine whine from the audio, YMMV.

There are a number of people over in the "In Car Electronics" froum who have done this. My post is here. Message #13 has my photographs. This talks about both the Auxmod and the Bluetooth kit I installed. The 4th photo shows the Auxmod.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok, what will I need for this mod, how much will it cost, and do I need to take apart the center console or the Faceplate of the radio and CD controls? I can do it if I have to, but I just wanta know ahead of time

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Auxmod comes from http://www.sylfex.com/products/AuxMod/ and costs $60.

You also probably need a GLI like this from Radio Shack (which uses RCA connectors but includes ONE RCA to stereo minijack converter; you'll probably need another converter for the other end). I believe I found one on-line that had minijacks on both ends, but I don't remember where. I didn't want to wait for mail-order.

Yes, you have to disassemble your console and remove the HU as the Auxmod plugs into the bottom (where the tape deck would go). Disassembly instruction can be found here.

Take a look at my posting, referenced in my previous message, for photographs of my Auxmod installation.

·
Registered
17 Posts
just buy the Antenna adapter from Best buy its 29 buck plus some change. I installed it in my 6 before I went and bought the OEM Sirius and installed it it worked great no whine no static.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
where do I find my Antenna cable at?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.