Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting new tires for my car, the Bridgestone I have now sucks!

I'm pretty much looking for one of these below:

Falken Ziex ZE-512 $69.34

Goodyear Assurance™ TripleTred $119.99

Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus $131.99

Goodyear Eagle 25 in. Tires featuring ResponsEdge Technology $146.99

Goodyear Assurance™ ComforTred $106.99

Help me choose guys!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Of the ones listed, definitely the Falken's. You could get 1.5/2 sets of those for the price of one set of the others.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
205/60/R16
[/b]
Then may I suggest adding the Toyo Proxes TPT to your shopping list? They're probably a little more than the Falkens, but a lot less than the Goodyears. Remember, price is only one part of the equation. You want a top quality tire and Toyo has been rated #1 in product quality for 8 years running.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Then may I suggest adding the Toyo Proxes TPT to your shopping list? They're probably a little more than the Falkens, but a lot less than the Goodyears. Remember, price is only one part of the equation. You want a top quality tire and Toyo has been rated #1 in product quality for 8 years running.

[/b]

What carshops carry Toyo tires? I don't want to get them online.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
205/60/R16
[/b]
Dunlop SP Sport 01 in 215/55-16, $105 each from a well-known national mail-order retailer (local price -- your preference -- will be somewhat higher, no doubt).

Compared to stock tires (about 819 revolutions per mile), the 215/55-16 Dunop SP Sport 01 specs (when new) at 823 revolutions per mile.

For comparison (specs for unworn new tires),

Goodyear Assurance™ TripleTred 205/60-16 - 814 revolutions per mile

Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus 205/60-16 - 813 revolutions per mile

Gooyear ResponsEdge 205/60-16 - 814 revolutions per mile

(Because of variations among brands and models, specified revolutions per mile provide a better indication of possible speedometer/odometer error than the nominal sizes of the tires do.)

·
Registered
254 Posts

[/b]
I totally agree with toyo guy, I sold tires for over a year at NTB and the toyo's are great tires and I believe they come with a 60k warrantee can't remember though. If you can't find a dealer, NTB can order them and tell them to match tire rack.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I totally agree with toyo guy, I sold tires for over a year at NTB and the toyo's are great tires and I believe they come with a 60k warrantee can't remember though. If you can't find a dealer, NTB can order them and tell them to match tire rack.
[/b]
Toyos aren't available at Tire Rack. And the mileage warranty is 40k for V-rated TPTs and 60k for T- and H-rated TPTs. The 205/60R16 is V-rated.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
The Falken Ziex 512's are excellent, I prefer them to Toyo's Proxes4 for comfort, noise, and all-season traction.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The Toyo TPT is a GREAT tire. It might be the easiest high performance sell of any tire on the market also. Very affordable and tremendous performance in an all season tire.

I cant even count the sets of TPT's I have put on Honda Accords or Chrysler Sebrings. Extremely quiet tire also. Great Buy!!!

Hey ToyoGuy where abouts are you located ?

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
The Toyo TPT is a GREAT tire. It might be the easiest high performance sell of any tire on the market also. Very affordable and tremendous performance in an all season tire.

I cant even count the sets of TPT's I have put on Honda Accords or Chrysler Sebrings. Extremely quiet tire also. Great Buy!!!
Hey ToyoGuy where abouts are you located ?
[/b]
I appreciate the supportive words, ditty! I'm in New Orleans, where are you? Sounds like you work for a tire dealer? Which one?

·
Registered
44 Posts
ToyoGuy I do run a service shop here in Canton Ohio. Its called Ziegler Tire and we actually are the nations largest re-treading facility, but we have about 23 retail locations in Ohio, Pennsylvania, MIchigan, and New York.

We buy from KauffmanTire when it comes to Toyo, Kumho Goodyear etc... We are primarily a Bridgestone, Michelin Dealership that sells a TON of Goodyear and Toyo lol.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,571 Posts
Falken is a cheap tire. I used to have a tire called (don't laugh!) Avon on my PT Cruiser. I was happy with their wet traction, dry handling, and they didn't even look used after 20K miles. TireRack sells them, and they're pretty competitively priced. I also got through 12" of snow with the car where it was parked without hardly any problems (it also had traction assist).

Goodyear tires, IMO, are crap. They don't last, and their wet/snow traction sucks butt.

PS - you also get 10 pounds of make-up free with every Avon purchase.. :p (kidding)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts