Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who uses an HPTuner computer to adjust all of the settings on his GTO as well as several other cars. Will this work with my MS6 as it is (stock) to adjust the boost settings or do I need to purchase something to allow his computer to tap into the car? If his won't be able to do it, what can?

Be kind, I'm new to this stuff and AM NOT A RICER so you will not find that sort of attitude with me. :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you saying that as the MS6 is not readily available for this to be done or are there very specific products / software that have to be used?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could you point me in the direciton of which tuners would support the interface? Or perhaps a starting point for what I would need to have this done so I can work backwards from there?

I did my best searching the forums but without knowing what keywords to search for (beyond tuning, hptuners, boost control,etc.) I really am searching for a needle in a needlestack. Just looking for some education on the subject! I am not interested in having someone solve my problem for me, just give me a nudge :)

Thanks

·
Registered
820 Posts
that won't work don't waste your time. the only thing out that can read/write the PCM is the FORD VCM that's the tool that the dealerships use, that's what they use to do the recall re-flash for example. Then you have to get your hands on the .bin file for our car. Then the fun starts, you'll have to crack the ecu code, map all of the PIDS then you can start modifying the .bin file with the tuned settings. YOu can then use the VCM to reflash the car and test the car with the new settings. Do that a hundred or so times and you'll have a tuned car. Not as easy as you thought huh????

1 - 11 of 11 Posts