Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, this Wed. ill be picking up my Mazda 6 touring edition 5spd. I CANT WAIT..lol.. I have been reading quite abit regarding the type of oil to use, fuel octane level, mod ideas and learned alot already.

I use to drive 4th gen accord, but time has come to move on. I have a quick question that someone will hopefully be able to help me. I'm aware that there is break in period which you are not suppose to WOT or hard breaking etc. I read elsewhere that this is not the case and honestly I'm a little worried as to what is right for my engine. Here is the link

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Welcome to the club.

Yes, there is a break in period and you should not do "hard driving" within that time frame.
Change your oil after your break in period too.

These are good cars but you have to be smart about it.

The fact that you came from a Honda to the 6 shows that you are a smart guy!!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Picked up my mazda 6 yesterday, so far SOO HAPPY. will have pics ASAP. BTW ie'm from Toronto, ON is there a local club, because it seems like everyone here is from the US

thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
congrats!! and there may be alot of 6 members from the US but i can promise you that none of them are from Idaho!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Welcome... Break in period 600 or so miles, no hard driving vary rpms and all that jazz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
zoomy942
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing