Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I am looking at picking up a MS6 from the dealer in the next couple of days or week. It needs new tires all around and I wanted to make sure I got them to put on the best size for my future needs. I know the stock size is 215/45/18....

My plan is to get them to put on 225/45/18's on, then later in the summer get the Tenzo Type M rims and put these basically new tires on the new rims.

I think the stock rim is a 7" width, so I can't really go to 225/40/18... but I believe the Tenzo's are 8"... so are the 225/45's gonna fit? From what I have seen the 225/40 would be ideal on the 8", so am I screwed? Will I just have to bite the bullet and get new rims and new tires?

I already have to get winters if I get the car now (I don't want to wait till spring!!) so i'm trying to minimize spending on tires when there are so many other goodies available!

Thanks, and I can't wait to join the community!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
225/40 will fit on the stock wheels, they also fit on 8" wheels... but 225/45 is shorter than stock so there will be about a 2% speedo variance @ 60mph

also you are picking up one at a great time as its finally been figured out how to make some power

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (bmorrisj @ Jan 11 2010, 06:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1629015
225/40 will fit on the stock wheels, they also fit on 8" wheels... but 225/45 is shorter than stock so there will be about a 2% speedo variance @ 60mph

also you are picking up one at a great time as its finally been figured out how to make some power[/b]
ok, so based on the above I am going to ask them to put on 225/40/18's on the stock rims.

I plan on putting on CAI, and perhaps coilovers... I don't need super speed (thats what my Yamaha R6 is for :) ), but where is the big power gains comming from?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
QUOTE (Akito @ Jan 11 2010, 04:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1629042
ok, so based on the above I am going to ask them to put on 225/40/18's on the stock rims.

I plan on putting on CAI, and perhaps coilovers... I don't need super speed (thats what my Yamaha R6 is for :) ), but where is the big power gains comming from?[/b]

wait i miss typed that... 220/40 is shorter than stock... 225/45 is closer in height, but i think that size is more expensive for some reason or another

·
Registered
884 Posts
i noticed 225/45 are more expensive than 225/40 as well. Maybe it's just a more common size or something. I just bought winters and I'm going to have to turn around and by tires for summer, I'm not looking forward to dropping the cash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts