Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im changing my mazda 2.3L for the mazda 6s do ya think is a good change!!! i want the 6s so bad hahah my friend has it i like it cuz its digital and because i think its a bit fast hehe well thanks if one of you comment back

·
Registered
39 Posts
I love my 6s just don't put 87 octane gas in it, my check engine light comes on.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
im changing my mazda 2.3L for the mazda 6s do ya think is a good change!!! i want the 6s so bad hahah my friend has it i like it cuz its digital and because i think its a bit fast hehe well thanks if one of you comment back
[/b]
It was a great change, but if you want to keep your gas mileage close to the same, stay off the pedal and you should be fine. More power in this car just makes you feel better IMO. Car has style, why not have more power?
I love my 6s just don't put 87 octane gas in it, my check engine light comes on.
[/b]
Well, that can't be good at all. A nice drive to the dealer is what your car needs becasue the Mazda6s was MADE to use 87 octane. However, there are a few that don't comply with this octane as well, and in most cases, those are the ones that are bad. Your MAF sensor maybe be bad, I would get it checked out at the dealer. If you read your manual as well, it says 87 Octane use.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
duratec30 is a good motor, though, unforgiving when it comes to low oil.. so keep that in mind.
in short, get your oil checked regularly. take care of her and you should be fine.

·
Registered
34 Posts
First, glad to hear you're getting a 6s, I love mine! I don't know if I could have hung with the 6i that we were looking at. The manumatic shift seemed cool, but I'm a manual type of guy, I like to have full control etc. Plus bigger meant faster to me, lol. All in all, great car, but like any car, you gotta take care of it to make sure it runs in peak performance.

[/b]
I'd take it in to the shop. Since the car's manual states that 87 octane is the way to go. I have used nothing but 87 and no problems at all.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
[/b]

Um... thats bad. I only use 87, anything higher is a waste of money. If it has ethanol, its a REAL BIG waste of money.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
[/b]
What do you mean it's digital?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Elicious brought about a good question. I'm curious to know what exactly that means as well. I'm assuming it involves the gauges or the mirror with the digital compass. I could be wrong. Anyway, a 6s, with its 220 hp, seems like a sweet deal, but I'll stick to my i, especially because it's stick and actually a joy to drive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts