Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is the deal...I recently bought one of the few remaining Black Racing lips from Choppa. I have talked to my friend's dad who own's a body shop and has agreed to make replica's for us. Basically this is what he told me he needs 10 people who want the lip the price is $300 for each lip + shipping. Now here is the situation I will need some or most of the money up front since I will be putting my money up front to get the lips started. Also I will be doing the shipping of the lips personally since my friend's dad doesn't want to deal with it. I have a few references on the board here, also have some on www.team-integra.net and of course ebay. I'm not here to scam anyone but just like SLVR04M6, i'm trying to get more products out for the 6. Plus this leads to the option of getting more lips made for the 6 once people have a mold to make fitment for it. Any questions please post, and I will start a list of people who want it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
anyone wanna lend me $300+shipping+paint costs?????????? PLEASE??????

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Ok here is the deal...I recently bought one of the few remaining Black Racing lips from Choppa. I have talked to my friend's dad who own's a body shop and has agreed to make replica's for us. Basically this is what he told me he needs 10 people who want the lip the price is $300 for each lip + shipping. Now here is the situation I will need some or most of the money up front since I will be putting my money up front to get the lips started. Also I will be doing the shipping of the lips personally since my friend's dad doesn't want to deal with it. I have a few references on the board here, also have some on www.team-integra.net and of course ebay. I'm not here to scam anyone but just like SLVR04M6, i'm trying to get more products out for the 6. Plus this leads to the option of getting more lips made for the 6 once people have a mold to make fitment for it. Any questions please post, and I will start a list of people who want it.
[/b]

What material will it be out of?

·
Registered
199 Posts
id be interested. but damn 300. and i already know that shipping for me is crazy. plus paint job. good lord! hahaha who knows maybe i would still be interested.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I'm not here to scam anyone but just like SLVR04M6, i'm trying to get more products out for the 6. Plus this leads to the option of getting more lips made for the 6 once people have a mold to make fitment for it. Any questions please post, and I will start a list of people who want it.
[/b]

good luck with that, we have had 2 lip threads die because people are not going to put money up front w/ out seeing product first..... and that is why no lips get made....

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They will be made out of fiberglass....only thing I can take a picture of is my actual lip the one he is going to use to make the replicas...

·
Registered
227 Posts
No....atleast not now...I don't know anyone locally who can make the lip in CF...and the one person

this is UCYIMD1

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Hmm, he has your lip and hence can make a cast out of it much cheaper the hand molding it like we were going to have to do for the other lip. Why is it 300 for fiberglass?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know why he quoted me so much...that's what he told me how much it would cost...because I only asked for 10 lips i'm sure if we get more the price will go down...but basing the reaction off of the other lip threads the most we get is 13-15....

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'd be totally in but I have no money and I really want to know fitment. take some pictures and let us know.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Anyone got a pic? I am hoping on the other lip getting made, but its been awhile.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok...is there anybody that seriously wants the lip....if you seriously want it...and have the money in hand....just post and i'll start a list....not to sound like a prik...but i want to put my lip on already if no one wants me to get replicas made

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
[/b]

But I don't understand what people need to see...all he is doing is making the replica of the Black Racing Lip...the same one from the previous group buy....now the only physical picture I can provide you with is the pic of the actual lip...other than that the copies are going to be identical....if you want to see a pic of the lip let me know i'll go snap some tom. or the day after...

·
Registered
382 Posts
yes! pics!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts