Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get it now!!! that's all I can say...

For the price I have Never had my Mazda 6 Drive so smoothly in Hot weather, or any car for that matter.

It makes driving in 77+ degree weather enjoyable.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
anything in the works for the 3.0L? :D
[/b]
The link he posted does say "in development" for the 3.0L. Can you give us an update on the status or do you know when it will be available, twowheelin? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Good work twowheelin, are you still willing to bore out my TB if I send it to you? I think you were charging a small fee for that a while back.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
god fucking dammit. dude, there is no paypal payment#. i just sent you $20 but cant place the fucking order.

i fucking hate the way thats set up.
[/b]
The PayPal payment or transaction # is displayed on the last screen (confirmation) when you make a payment.

Sorry for any confusion :(

Scott

The link he posted does say "in development" for the 3.0L. Can you give us an update on the status or do you know when it will be available, twowheelin? Thanks!
[/b]
I actually have parts arriving today/tomorrow to build the final version. I need to verify the test fitting and functions and then write the install manual and build up a batch. I'm hoping to have the V6 version available by the end of next week.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
215 degree coolant temps are no fun in 70 degree weather, can't wait for the V6 one to come available.

Edit: 215 degree coolant temps are never fun.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
how do you get temperature measurements on the fluids without 6 billion in-car gauges anyways?[/b]
Using an OBD2 adaptor and VehicleExplorer software for PC/laptops.

V6 Update: Parts arrived Friday for V6 controller. I have a beta version of the controller on it's way to ShaDrag now for further testing and verification. (ShaDrag has provided many great ideas and pictures of the V6 engine bay area to help out in the V6 design. :yesnod:)

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Excuse the ignorance, but what are the benefits of this? I realize it will kick the fans on at a lower temp, right?

What else?

And what else needs to be done for this mod?

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
basically, since the engine runs hot, it doesn't help that the fans come on a bit too late to do a damn thing about it. with the fans coming on when they SHOULD, the car will behave and respond better to input. the whole essence of this is to help the issue before it starts as opposed to waiting. and waiting. oh, now the fans are on.

nothing else needs to be done. its a simple a plug and play mod that has great benefits. combine this with perhaps a new radiator, lower temp thermostat, tranny cooler, and new fluids. you'll have a VERY happy engine.

actually, i'd love to see the difference in individual temperatures and the inside the hood temperatures after doing all these mods. the transmission creates so much damn heat afterall...

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
About this Discussion
101 Replies
41 Participants
cbob
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing