Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6Club will finally be transitioning over to VBulletin :cheers:

Though this has been in the works for some time, it is now close enough that we want to ensure everyone is ready for the move. The biggest issue so far that we can't overcome is moving our current "garage" system over to the new software. We feel that this is a small issue at this point given the recent spam issues on the IP Board software. We are working to make this as seamless as possible, so we want people to have time to get any info they need from their garage so you can update things as quickly as possible after the change.

We will be doing some testing of the new software in the coming week(s) to ensure it's 100% ready to go before the changeover. We are not expecting any significant downtime with this, but we all know that things can happen, we will do everything we can to minimize that risk. AutoForums is much more familiar with VBulletin than IP Boards which 6club has utilized since the beginning, so this will be much easier on their side to keep up with updates as they become available.

If anyone has any question/concerns with the matter, please let us know.

·
Administrator
8,494 Posts
Besides the spelling of "seamless", it's good from my perspective.

I'd think this would go under the "latest news" section, right?

·
Administrator
8,494 Posts
For simplicity, I'm moving this to the "frontpage news" thread as-is, with our following posts as hidden.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Can somebody help change my username to the old one. After the forum update my e-mail address became my username for some reasong. I've sent two mails via the contact section of the forum but no response...

·
Administrator
8,494 Posts
Can somebody help change my username to the old one. After the forum update my e-mail address became my username for some reasong. I've sent two mails via the contact section of the forum but no response...
Add your name to this thread, it will be fixed.

·
Registered
998 Posts
This should have been sent out as a notification to all users. There are people who may not have visited in the last two weeks which have lost their garage info. Just a suggestion for next time...

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hopefully it won't be happening again for a long while, but good idea.

for what it's worth, i think i was one of the higher modified cars and i didn't even copy any of it down. it's not that hard to input, and it's kind of fun remembering it all again (outside fo how much money was spent obviously, that's never fun)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
havent logged on for a long while. liked the old style better. i just checked the cars for sale section nobody even put up a paper with their sn and date on it anymore.

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that's not anything to do with setup actually, that's just no one reported the posts for those for sale adds. we've had those issues for years, nothing new.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts