Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Racing Beat Rear Sway Bar

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've been convinced that I shouldn't spend a lot of money on my car I'm getting magnaflow exhaust soon and then getting either CP-E Engine Mount or Racing Beat Rear Sway bar. I wish I could get both we'll see how it goes. But for now I want to get one or the other. I have done research on both just wanted to hear your opinions. Will I enjoy driving it more after doing one of them? Will it be more fun driving with the upgraded suspension? I know I have the CP-E in my sig as the next thing to do but it could change. Opinions please thank you.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
You will be much happier bang for buck with the CPE engine mount than the rb sway. Don't get me wrong, the sway is a HUGE improvement, but the CPE engine mount makes the shifting smoother, and makes the car seem more powerful.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
No doubt the engine mount is critical for the V6, smoother shifts, etc., less engine movement......

·
Registered
742 Posts
I just took my CPE mount off to get the "fix" implemented (rubber sliding out of older models of it), can't say I miss it much.

I would say I would have been much happier with the rear sway bar over the mount.

·
Registered
814 Posts
My sorry rear-end has both sitting on the floor waiting to be installed. Although I got the mazdaspeed sways.

I noticed you have an '05, so do I. If you order the CP-E mount, do it at RPM because the '05 had a few different kinds of stock mounts that year, although being that I have the ATX, I don't know if that was true for the MTX as well. Donny at RPM will set ya straight (plus its the best place to order IMO), although mine was one neither one of us had ever seen, and until I actually pull the old one, I still won't know if we "chose wisely"

Hopefully, in about a week I will be able to tell you what to go with lol. But then again, I am lazy.

I just took my CPE mount off to get the "fix" implemented (rubber sliding out of older models of it), can't say I miss it much.

I would say I would have been much happier with the rear sway bar over the mount.
[/b]
Can I ask why you dont miss it? performance...vibration? just curious.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Depends on your application. If you autocross, reducing understeer and staying in 2nd gear most of the time, the rear sways are the answer.

But if it's daily driving, you'll feel more of the effect on a day to day basis with the CPE-mount.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Hopefully, in about a week I will be able to tell you what to go with lol. But then again, I am lazy.
Can I ask why you dont miss it? performance...vibration? just curious.
[/b]
The rubber slid half way out of the mount making it feel like the stock mount. I have to send it back so they can apply the dowl pins to hold it in place. I guess it's been that way so long I didn't notice it doing anything.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the rear sway bar and engine mount that i'm thinking about is both from therpmstore
Rear Sway Bar: $131.95
CP-E Engine Mount $138.95 money doesn't matter just a $7 difference
and just to let everyone know this is no autocross car just daily driving with some spirit

·
Registered
436 Posts
is there anything that needs to be done to support the engine when installing the motor mount?

did a quick search and didn't see any responses to this...

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Well the engine mount will be an easier install. For the sway you have to deal with the stock endlinks which may or may not decide to piss you off, then if they break you've got to get replacement links. So the mount wins in terms of install.

I think the sway has more benefits for swift driving, less roll, less understeer. The mount can definately be felt though, it makes the engine and tranny feel more responsive. However, there is some added vibration which some people don't like (to me it's almost negligible).

I'm not sure which I would do first if I was doing it all over again, but I am sure that I would do both.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for all the feedback guys looks like it stays

1 - 14 of 14 Posts