Mazda 6 Forums banner

141 - 160 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
mazda 3 1.5 2017
3 Posts
satisfactory answer, if i wanted to buy the kit made in china on aliexpress, would it work 100%?
because i read that some have problems with the sd card

·
Registered
mazda 2 dynamic 2020
2 Posts
hi...
i have mazda 2 2020.
apple carplay kit installed.
This is the installed version EU 70.00.335N.
i want to upgrade to this version EU 70.00.367A.
the language system it's in Hebrew, after updating it is possible to choose Hebrew ?! 😕
Thanks...

unnamed.jpg

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
satisfactory answer, if i wanted to buy the kit made in china on aliexpress, would it work 100%?
because i read that some have problems with the sd card
READ THE INSTRUCTIONS MATE I am not spoon feeding you answers.
GENUINE Mazda Parts are bought from Mazda Dealers.
Buy from China direct at your own risk, many have had problems with their parts like most China crap.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
hi...
i have mazda 2 2020.
apple carplay kit installed.
This is the installed version EU 70.00.335N.
i want to upgrade to this version EU 70.00.367A.
the language system it's in Hebrew, after updating it is possible to choose Hebrew ?! 😕
Thanks...

View attachment 241989
YES, it should show the same language you have now with 335 AFTER the 367 install, to change language go to Settings. IF this is what you are asking.

DOES ANYBODY READ THE OWNERS MANUAL THAT COMES WITH YOUR CAR..?

·
Registered
mazda 3 1.5 2017
3 Posts
READ THE INSTRUCTIONS MATE I am not spoon feeding you answers.
GENUINE Mazda Parts are bought from Mazda Dealers.
Buy from China direct at your own risk, many have had problems with their parts like most China crap.
sorry, mine was a question ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nvm. I restarted the system and now it’s good.

Hi.I installed apple car play on my 17 Mazda 3 and it worked the first day. The installation with leaving the acc on killed my battery and after I put in a new battery, it doesn’t work anymore. My radio still works and usb slot 2 is recognized and usb slot 1 still charges my phone but can’t get apple car play or android auto to work with any phone. Any ideas on how to fix?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,
I am ting to update my firmware system multimedia to 70.00.
I enter test screen on my Mazda 2 2016 (Israel) and I reveal that my CMU Software Version is : MAZ_CMU-150_42.00.500
What region do I need to choose in order to update my firmware to 70.00 if my Mazda have the generic version (MAZ)?
Can I choose the EU N 70.00 (Israel) region (from here : CONNECT FIRMWARE AND INSTRUCTIONS) ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
OK, I did the upgrade from MAZ to EU N and it worked, no issues at all; Mazda 6 - 2015, UK.

My Mazda had MAZ_CMU-150_51.00.351 originally and went to 70.00.100 then to 352B as per documentation, thx.

Next, let's see if I can do the Maps on SD Card on the latest one, Dec 2019 :).
Hey,
I am facing the same issue that you had about upgrading from MAZ - CMU (150 - 42.00.500) to EU N 70 on my Mazda 2 2016.
Witch firmware and what is the procedure do I need to consider by upgrading to the final version on EU N region ?
Thank you/

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 · (Edited)
As you are on 42 Firmware, you must do this way first...car off remove SD Card.

Download to Windows PC EU N , 70.00.100A failsafe.up and then larger 70.00.100A Reninstall .up
You then put the 2 files on a small Fat32 Flash Drive, no larger than 16GB, 8 is good.

Follow instructions in my Signature Below.
70.00.367A
You install the Failsafe First, DO NOT TURN SYSTEM OFF, then your install reinstall and keep CMU on or you will brick system.
The once finished, start car and run MZD for a few minutes.
The Turn off again.
Download 70.00.367A EU N NOW a ONE FILE ONLY INSTALL, but same procedure.
When finished run it, turn OFF, and then Install SD Card.
That is all you do, YOU MUST Follow PDF in HiDrive Server.

Then IF you want CarPlay and Android Auto, you Buy and install the TWO genuine Mazda Parts see 1 page on this thread.

·
Registered
5 Posts
As you are on 42 Firmware, you must do this way first...car off remove SD Card.

Download to Windows PC EU N , 70.00.100A failsafe.up and then larger 70.00.100A Reninstall .up
You then put the 2 files on a small Fat32 Flash Drive, no larger than 16GB, 8 is good.

Follow instructions in my Signature Below.
70.00.367A
You install the Failsafe First, DO NOT TURN SYSTEM OFF, then your install reinstall and keep CMU on or you will brick system.
The once finished, start car and run MZD for a few minutes.
The Turn off again.
Download 70.00.367A EU N NOW a ONE FILE ONLY INSTALL, but same procedure.
When finished run it, turn OFF, and then Install SD Card.
That is all you do, YOU MUST Follow PDF in HiDrive Server.

Then IF you want CarPlay and Android Auto, you Buy and install the TWO genuine Mazda Parts see 1 page on this thread.
Thank you for your detailed answer.
are you saying that I have nothing to worry about upgrading from MAZ-CMU (generic) to EU N (Europe region) ?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Thank you for your detailed answer.
are you saying that I have nothing to worry about upgrading from MAZ-CMU (generic) to EU N (Europe region) ?
YES, all you have to worry about is doing it correctly.
Obviously I do not know your PC skills and or the Status of Car battery, if ok, I still suggest you add a battery tender or charger while you do this as we are talking about 90 minutes of total time on ACC Mode, you DO NOT HAVE ENGINE RUNNING during update..
you must press clutch or brake pedal every 20 mins WHEN YOU DO the TWO large file installs.

let us know how you get on....

·
Registered
5 Posts
YES, all you have to worry about is doing it correctly.
Obviously I do not know your PC skills and or the Status of Car battery, if ok, I still suggest you add a battery tender or charger while you do this as we are talking about 90 minutes of total time on ACC Mode, you DO NOT HAVE ENGINE RUNNING during update..
you must press clutch or brake pedal every 20 mins WHEN YOU DO the TWO large file installs.

let us know how you get on....
Great, I will be happy to share with you my final results.
Thanks again, and wish me good luck...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good news, I am happy to say that the upgrade version to 70.00.376 EU was successfully ended.
Now, where can I find any video for Mazda 2 that will help me to remove and plug the CarPlay usb unit?

·
Registered
Mazda 6 (2018)
8 Posts
Hello guys,

I'm new to his forum so forgive me for getting processes wrong.

However, thanks to ASH8 for the information on updating the car's firmware. Mine was ver. 59, I updated it to 70.00.100A first. All worked fine. Then updated to the latest, 70.00.367A. All good, thanks.

I was pleased to see that the radio now shows the song being sung and the artist's name which was not in the old firmware, but what I got used to in my previous car, a Peugeot 308.

Having noticed it sorted or added a feature to the radio, I thought it would fix the issue with the feature during radio operation were a street name appears on the top, only for it to be the street ahead to the left or right, instead of the one you are on, unfortunately, no hope there. I had contacted Mazda with that query and they said that's how it is, cannot be changed.

I'll eventually install the hardware, but not for now.

Thanks again ASH8.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Having noticed it sorted or added a feature to the radio, I thought it would fix the issue with the feature during radio operation were a street name appears on the top, only for it to be the street ahead to the left or right, instead of the one you are on, unfortunately, no hope there. I had contacted Mazda with that query and they said that's how it is, cannot be changed.
Yea, the NAV is programmed that way, why would you need to know the street youre on? I mean while driving straight...

·
Registered
Mazda 6 (2018)
8 Posts
Yea, the NAV is programmed that way, why would you need to know the street youre on? I mean while driving straight...
There is a 50% chance of going into the street it is telling you is ahead, but a 100% fact to be on the road you are on. However, say someone calls you and asks you where you were, do you say, "I don't know, but I can tell you a street ahead in a min"?

or ..... I like this one "I am driving down a road adjacent to xxxxxxxx".

I would have thought that everyone would want to know where they were at all times, but it seems I may be wrong.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
There is a 50% chance of going into the street it is telling you is ahead, but a 100% fact to be on the road you are on. However, say someone calls you and asks you where you were, do you say, "I don't know, but I can tell you a street ahead in a min"?

or ..... I like this one "I am driving down a road adjacent to xxxxxxxx".

I would have thought that everyone would want to know where they were at all times, but it seems I may be wrong.
Well, i know where i am... but you can always hit the little "i" icon and itll will even give you long and lat.

141 - 160 of 179 Posts