Mazda 6 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just a note, on one part of the 9 pages updating procedure is written:

If current software version is older than 56.00.100 like 33.00.100, 42.00.100 or 45, 52, 55.00.100 update first to 70.00.100, then update to the 352B version.

but on the Alert file inside the file to download from the server, is says:

If your Mazda has a firmware version ON or Below 59.00.560A like 31.00.100A or 41.00.000 or 51.00.351 or 55.00.650 or 56.00.513 or 59.00.502A, then must update with version number 70.00.100A FIRST.

It sounds contradicting one each other.... Which one is the correct one @ASH8 ?

Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Just a note, on one part of the 9 pages updating procedure is written:

If current software version is older than 56.00.100 like 33.00.100, 42.00.100 or 45, 52, 55.00.100 update first to 70.00.100, then update to the 352B version.

but on the Alert file inside the file to download from the server, is says:

If your Mazda has a firmware version ON or Below 59.00.560A like 31.00.100A or 41.00.000 or 51.00.351 or 55.00.650 or 56.00.513 or 59.00.502A, then must update with version number 70.00.100A FIRST.

It sounds contradicting one each other.... Which one is the correct one @ASH8 ?

Thanks
Well they are all correct...
The latest .txt ALERT is the latest info from Mazda the PDF has NOT been updated by them and may not be as this system is almost at end of production (once CX-5 and Mazda 6 is next Generation).
All of these are technically MAZDA Dealer ONLY installations, not retail customers.

The higher the Firmware Number the latest or NEWER Version it is, same applies to any software/firmware in any electronics.
So if your FIRMWARE in your car right now is BELOW 59.00.560A, then you must install the TWO separate files (70.00.100A Failsafe.up first then 70.00.100A Reinstall.up last) DO NOT TURN CAR ACC OFF or START CAR DURING THESE 2 FILE UPDATES.
Then use it in your car for 5 minutes
or whatever and then install to the latest ONE FILE update.up only 70.00.3XX update.up.

..Anything BELOW 70.00.100 (24.31.55.56.59) is considered old or older than or outdated Firmware.

·
Registered
6 Posts
thanks for helping. Just a doubt.

My current version is 59.00540 EU N, so i must update with two files 70.00.100A, but if i do it. It is still compatible with Android Auto from All In One Twecks?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I have Mazda 3 2014 with OS version 56.0.0.100 EU N and File Safe Version 21.00.000 so the versions are not the same. Please advise what steps I should take in order to install the latest version.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just completed the firmware update and installed the new hub/cables a couple days ago. I went directly from version 59.00.441 NA to the most recent 70.00.367 NA with no issue. Firmware update took about 40 minutes. Everything is running great. Thanks for all the info provided in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also just completed the firmware update. I read all the instructions and, with all due respect, they seem to contradict themselves in a few places. I fully believe that this is due to updates in the process since these instructions were first written. Like the post above mine, I went directly from version 59.00.546 NA to 70.00.367 NA (which is the most current version as I'm typing this). I did NOT use the interim step of updating to 70.00.100 first, and then going to 70.00.367. I agree that some of the guidance seemed to state rather emphatically that I absolutely had to take that extra step, but some other guidance made it evident that the newer versions are a one-step process. After reading and reading and going back and forth for awhile, I decided to roll the dice and try to update it in a single step, and it worked just fine for me. No glitches, no scary moments, everything went exactly according to the instructions and booted up fine when I was done.

For posterity, I did this update on a 2018 CX-5 Touring. I'm not recommending the approach I took, just providing information that it worked flawlessly for me. Obviously your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i think from memory you need to go to version 70.00.100 first if you have a really old version of mzd connect....but i could be wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i think from memory you need to go to version 70.00.100 first if you have a really old version of mzd connect....but i could be wrong.
Yeah, that's where it got confusing. One of the more emphatic references said you had to go to 70.00.100 if you were starting from anything below 59.00.560. And since I was coming from 59.00.546, that's the part that spun me around for a little while. But, at least in my case, it turned out not to be required.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Updated our 2016 MX-5 and 2018 Mazda6 last night to the latest. THANK YOU for the detailed instructions and for hosting the firmware files. <3 <3 <3 Today I install the hardware and backup camera in the MX-5. Fingers crossed.

Regarding using a Mac to prepare the flash, you can, but you have to clean up from whatever indexing shenanigans are going on in the background that leave shadow turd files in the directory. It's not terribly hard, but you do want to be careful. Here's how.

1. Copy files to the flash drive using Finder. This should be as you expect. Download the files, drop them into your mounted flash drive. Here I'm using cmu150_NA_70.00.367A_update.up.

2. Open terminal. Easiest way is to hit command-space (or the spotlight magnifying glass in the top bar), type terminal, hit enter. Resize the window/font as necessary.

3. Locate the turd files and remove them. In modern OS X the flash is usually mounted in /Volumes/NO NAME/. To check use the ls (ell ess) command. To make typing easy, you can hit <tab> to auto complete the path (eg, ls /Vo<tab> to complete Volumes, then N<tab> to complete NO NAME). Note the backslash if you type it out, it is necessary. Using ls -a you can see all files in the directory, including files which start with dot and are hidden by default. You may see other files than are listed in the example below; that's ok. Remove the ._cmu150_NA_70.00.367A_update.up file (or equivalent); yes you can use <tab> to complete the file name. :)

$ ls /Volumes/
Macintosh HD NO NAME
$ ls /Volumes/NO\ NAME/
cmu150_NA_70.00.367A_update.up
$ ls -a /Volumes/NO\ NAME/
. ..
._cmu150_NA_70.00.367A_update.up cmu150_NA_70.00.367A_update.up
$ rm /Volumes/NO\ NAME/._cmu150_NA_70.00.367A_update.up
$
4. Once removed, unmount the drive in Finder and you're good to go.

Thank you again for the excellent contribution to the community.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #93 (Edited)
MAZDA MZD CONNECT AT END OF THE ROAD.

OK, Just letting all those with the first real Mazda (MZD) Infotainment 'SYSTEM' the
MAZDA CONNECT
or MZD CONNECT.

The .up or .update.up FIRMWARE as we know it is about to end as we know it.

Probably current 70.00.367A Firmware will be the last release (maybe one more) as Vehicle PRODUCTION LINE Installation at All Mazda Plants will end once the updated 2020 and 2021 Mazda CX-9, Mazda CX-5 starts Production this November/December 2020.

At this stage changes applies to North American made Mazda's only
BUT, I expect will flow into theses same new made model year Mazda CX-5 and CX-9 for all other world markets.

So what replaces the old 6th Gen Mazda Connect will be the current 7th Gen Mazda Connect II as used in the all new BP Mazda 3 and DM Mazda CX-30.

It will be a much larger screen 10.3 inches and located in the same positions on Dashboard.
The system will work the same as the new CX-30 and I believe will use the same .kwi Firmware as used in BP Mazda 3 and DM CX-30, DR MX-30.

Sorry no you CAN NOT update or change your current 6th Gen to the updated 7th Generation of Connect, as too many hardware and components plus wiring and software must also be changed and expensive PCM/ECU.

HARDWARE changes are........
1. New much larger LCD screen (parts around the dashboard).
2. Wiring Looms.
3. CMU (Connectivity Master Unit).
4. TCU or Telematics Communication Unit. (North America ONLY).
5. VMC or View Monitor Control Module for 360 External HD Cameras.
6. Suitable .kwi Firmware for cars Region/Country to flash CMU.

No notice yet on what will happen to Current Mazda 6.
I believe (in my opinion) that current Mazda Connect system will remain as the all new Mazda 6 or CX-60 is coming early 2022.
I believe will have the 7th Gen Mazda Connect II (.kwi files) as the Mazda 3, CX-30 and MX-30 use.
Will let you guys know if I hear anything. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,

My car was imported from Japan to EU, Mazda Demio 2018 1.3 with 59.00.540 JP M os version.

Can I update the system directly the latest version of EU N 70.00.352B, please? Or first 70.00.100A?

Going to work normal everything (radio stations, gps etc)?

At the moment when I’m driving and using Bluetooth a lot of times rebooting the infotainment system. This update may help?

Thank you,
Best regards

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
You will have Navigation issues as Japan uses a different Navi provider and Navi ECU, and other issues.
Sorry nothing much you can do, but search Google, some in EU have worked through it all.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
MAZDA 6 OWNERS!!.
The updated 2021 Mazda 6 gets WIRELESS Apple Carplay (which must be a 5Ghz Signal), anyway way to early to tell anymore, what I do know is expensive CMU under-dash hardware is different, Obviously FIRMWARE will be Updated or Different.
AFAIK does not apply to AndroidAuto.
Car goes on-sale next month.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
MAZDA 6 OWNERS!!.
The updated 2021 Mazda 6 gets WIRELESS Apple Carplay (which must be a 5Ghz Signal), anyway way to early to tell anymore, what I do know is expensive CMU under-dash hardware is different, Obviously FIRMWARE will be Updated or Different.
AFAIK does not apply to AndroidAuto.
Car goes on-sale next month.
Poor guys who doesn't have Apple...

·
Registered
2 Posts
You will have Navigation issues as Japan uses a different Navi provider and Navi ECU, and other issues.
Sorry nothing much you can do, but search Google, some in EU have worked through it all.
Thank you ASH8!

So the hardware as well not the same for the eu and jp market. I just wanted to update the system because it’s annoying this restarts all the time while driving, and to install the CarPlay+Android module..

But I see if it’s not possible to have..

Thanks again!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Poor guys who doesn't have Apple...
OK, I don't have Apple anything and never will, I despise this company, nothing personal.
Microsoft and Android for me (BTW I also despise Google/Alphabet, way too much control)
As for M$ it is NOT the company it once was and is run by bloody idiots since W8 and W10 (children with way too much platform/user interference).
Everyone of these a-holes are spying on everything you do, including when you switch off all known means of their spying and tracking ways.
And US,AU, EU, UK politicians are too dumb to do anything because all of them sold out years ago.

81 - 100 of 161 Posts