Mazda 6 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
EU N is the correct region for the UK and Europe.

MAZ was used for very early model versions where cars were not supported correctly with Navigation and or TAU (Radio Tuner frequencies), sometime you may not pick up/store all Radio Stations....depends on Country, MAZ is also used in South America, parts of Asia, it is a generic Firmware for Connect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quick question.
My iPhone is unable to be upgraded to ios13. Will Apple play still work?
Cheers in advance.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Quick question.
My iPhone is unable to be upgraded to ios13. Will Apple play still work?
Cheers in advance.
Yes. iOS 13 came out in fall 2019 and I was using CarPlay with my iPhone 7 in December 2018. I was on whatever version was the latest at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any info about the Australian firmware update versions?
I’m not sure what your question is about?
the .335 exists and is all you need for CarPlay. My local Mazda dealer put it on the MX-5 without charge, despite them not being the selling dealer.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #67 (Edited)
i was referring to if there was anything newer than .335 ADR version.
As I post most of the Firmware Files in Modfreaks Germany Server (Hi-Drive) through my Dealer helping contacts from Mazda Dealers around the world (major regions), I always have huge issues in obtaining Any 4A N or ADR .up Files for these regions (Australia, NZ, South Africa, Oceania, etc).

YES, 70.00.335 Was the latest Version of Mazda Connect FIRMWARE for ALL Mazda models from original
CX-5 from 2012, to BM, BN Mazda 3, DJ Mazda 2, DK Mazda CX-3, TC CX-9, ND Mazda MX-5 and the current G Series Mazda 6.

YES, there is a Later FIRMWARE available for 4A N (ADR) and that is 70.00.352B which addresses Black Screen issues in Mazda 6 and sound echo in MX-5.
Again I do not have a copy of this version for 4A N.

HOWEVER, there is available a Firmware Copy of 70.00.352B for EU N which is all of Europe and UK.
While it is NOT recommended for ADR regions, it has been my experience with Mazda of 40 years in Mazda Service and Parts is you can 'get away' with installing this 70.00.352B EU-N.up File, as this Firmware caters for UK which is Right Hand Drive. What this EU N Firmware does is a lot more Language choices, including English.

I am 99.9% certain you can install this Firmware WITHOUT any operational issues.
Obviously IF you use the EU N on a ADR model Mazda you do so at your own risk (none in my opinion).
Many Mazda owners have installed this EU N for ADR over @ this sister Mazda 3 Forum WITHOUT any problems. Please let me/us Know IF you use the
70.00.352B_EU_N_update.up Firmware and you see ANY issues from doing so, MUST follow Instruction in .Pdf PRECISELY and all will work perfectly.

Click on the HiDrive Link below in Blue.

DO NOT INSTALL THE North American version of 70.00.352B_NA_N_update.up IN ANY 4A N (ADR) MODEL MAZDA.

HiDrive

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah it's a great job your doing maintain all this stuff it would good if someone from a ADR dealership could help out with the firmware.
Every time I try at the dealership they always say no

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you so much for this detailed guide!

I manage to successfully update my ADR region firmware to 70.x!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone know a mechanic (non-Mazda dealer) in the Washington, DC area that has experience installing the hardware? I've already purchased the hardware and installed v70 software, but looking to find someone I can pay to do the last portion and not have to pay dealer prices.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just updated to 70.00.367. Haven't had any time to see what's different, will be interested to see the change log once it's posted.

I will say the previous update completely fixed the occasional screen staying black on startup. Hopefully they didn't break that in this update!

Do you know if they will be updating the gracenote db? It's pretty old but it's not a huge deal, just curious.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Hi all,
Just letting you guys know I have been banned over at the new Mazda CX30 forum for 'spam'.
Under the same user name as here ASH8.

I post the exact same information as I do here, message says please contact Admin if you believe this ban was in error, but no Admin link and the 'Contact US' goes to an ''OOps page'' when I send any message as I have been banned.
I can log on, but that is about it.
Great hey when their left hand does not know how their right hand works.

Anyway, the Forum owners are the exact same ones who own this website and the Mazda 3 where I also post, I believe a trigger happy CX-30 forum "moderator" decided to flex ''it's'' muscle.

I am done, when or if they do same ban here, you guys will have to rely on another member to find the downloads, etc, I am sure someone will step up.
I will try and maintain the Server with new Files, etc, but won't post here again if banned, obviously.
So I suggest you grab the Hi-Drive Link now and Bookmark it in your Browsers for Future use.
Care to all.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Hi all,
Just letting you guys know I have been banned over at the new Mazda CX30 forum for 'spam'.
Under the same user name as here ASH8.

I post the exact same information as I do here, message says please contact Admin if you believe this ban was in error, but no Admin link and the 'Contact US' goes to an ''OOps page'' when I send any message as I have been banned.
I can log on, but that is about it.
Great hey when their left hand does not know how their right hand works.

Anyway, the Forum owners are the exact same ones who own this website and the Mazda 3 where I also post, I believe a trigger happy CX-30 forum "moderator" decided to flex ''it's'' muscle.

I am done, when or if they do same ban here, you guys will have to rely on another member to find the downloads, etc, I am sure someone will step up.
I will try and maintain the Server with new Files, etc, but won't post here again if banned, obviously.
So I suggest you grab the Hi-Drive Link now and Bookmark it in your Browsers for Future use.
Care to all.
Note, nothing i say here is anything but fact, so before anyone thinks im bashing or spitting out inaccuracies that could be libelous, think again and do your own research.

Welcome to the world that is VerticalScope. All they do is buy up websites and domains to spam the internet with sites that ONLY serve to run as ad revenue. They also will buy up existing, long running reputable forums and turn them into trash buckets, completely ruining them for the users. They put in place top level Admins that know nothing about the subject of the site (in this case, Mazdas) and then pick volunteers more or less to run the actual board. The company themselves do ZERO upkeep on the users and will NEVER rule in favor of any user who experiences abuse from an Admin or Mod (such as in my case on two such sites they own, i left the second one on my own) regardless of how much proof you have that you did nothing wrong. Now, the problem with this is, they dont have a structure which to uniformly run their sites with. As you just experienced, the rules arent uniform either and you can fall prey to an errant asshole with a power trip issue. But, they dont care, they will actually allow paying members to get banned as well, which seems odd since their purpose is to make as much money as possible "damn the community, full speed ahead" as it were. Even the rules vary from site to site because of the "local' crews having access or cause the site was established a long time ago and they have evolved over time due to issues that arose over time. They also dont care about the sites themselves, how they run or function, as long as the ads are in place to continue the cash flow. The switch from VB to whatever the heck this craptastic software is and how long its taking them to fix things that are/were broken or that break with each fix to something else, is another indication they dont care about the sites themselves working or being functional for the users. I dont think ive ever seen a software release that was in alpha stages more or less that was pushed for production use like this was. Seems to me, they didnt research the ability to conform it to their parameters enough before deploying it.

I highly doubt this sites staff will have any issue with you, i think they have been the same people for years since i joined, but seem pretty laid back and "adult like" when it comes to dealing with issues to resolve them without banning or having a power trip. I can definitely say that Byakuya isnt a jerk, but i dont really know any of the others and they dont seem as active so i cant comment on their "behavior" as it were.

Now, if any staff has any issue with anything i said, please, contact me for a discussion. Dont delete the post, dont ban or suspend me for no reason (because im not breaking any rule) without a discussion or warning as is set in place. Nothing i have said is untrue and can be proven with a very short internet search.

·
Super Moderator
17,352 Posts
Sorry just seeing this now - @ASH8 and @TalonTsi90 this is also something I'm working with the Admins about their new banning functionality.

They now use a system that integrates StopForumSpam which is a database of usernames/emails/ips/etc that are flagged as being spam. It also uses an algorithm to detect irregularities in forum behavior/posting that are flagged as potential spam. It's entirely possible that an inexperienced moderator saw one of your posts flagged and took action without really looking into it.

That being said, it's also possible a moderator was negligent and just spam cleaned everything that was in their queue (since we get a few dozen reports a day now) and it's easy to just click "spam" and have it clean everything.

I'm working with the admins to dial-in this system a bit so it doesn't report as many false positives and can auto-ban obvious ones (like blacklisted IPs).

There's a number of other, less likely, scenarios that could have resulted in an accidental ban, so don't get all up at arms without knowing full details. I'm not trying to defend them, as they absolutely might be a trigger-happy moderator who is abusing power, but don't forget to take into consideration all possibilities before you bring out the pitchforks :)

61 - 80 of 87 Posts