Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, just looking for a bit of help. I successfully installed the new hub and had CarPlay working fine. But I had the ghost screen issue, and the Mazda dealer replaced it for me. Now the CarPlay option doesn't exist. The firmware version is 70-something.

Is it possible for me to reinstall the old hub and then install the new hub again? Will this enable CarPlay?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi all, just looking for a bit of help. I successfully installed the new hub and had CarPlay working fine. But I had the ghost screen issue, and the Mazda dealer replaced it for me. Now the CarPlay option doesn't exist. The firmware version is 70-something.

Is it possible for me to reinstall the old hub and then install the new hub again? Will this enable CarPlay?

Thanks for your help.
Check to see if a regular USB drive works. They may have forgot to plug in the USB harness.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Still no Donors with MAZ (Generic) Firmware?
Could not find this firmware anywhere but some people reckon that it can be done from MAZ to EU N

Did anyone tried this? Mazda 6 from UK.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I installed the kIt for the Apple Carplay on my 2017 Mazda 6 Touring. It took my buddy and I about 1 hour 20 minutes.
My Mazda clock was off by about 1 hour 20 min. The GPS Sync didn't fix it. After several days and several tries of manual setting and GPS setting, It finally seems to GPS sync now.
Loving the carplay. It seems to lag sometimes. iHeart radio came on with trying once. Weird.
I tried the 1 or 2 year old settings hack to enable touch screen while driving. Like you said. The Firmware update to 70. doesn't allow it. If anyone knows another way to do it, I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I tried the 1 or 2 year old settings hack to enable touch screen while driving. Like you said. The Firmware update to 70. doesn't allow it. If anyone knows another way to do it, I would appreciate it.
You need to do serial acces to activate Mazda AIO tweaks. it's not simple. I have also 2017 Mazda 6 and done this succesfuly - touchscreen working while driving. No more options dosnt exist

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi.
a few days ago I update my freamware and today I finished installing the parts.
I have an android phone, while I use Google maps on Android auto it can't find my location and always shows it as my home. I already checked all the settings on my phone. even waze works perfectly. do u guys have any idea what could be wrong?

·
Registered
6 Posts
How do I do the serial access to activate the AIO tweaks. I had read about the AIO tweaks but didn’t think it would work on the 70 firmware.

You need to do serial acces to activate Mazda AIO tweaks. it's not simple. I have also 2017 Mazda 6 and done this succesfuly - touchscreen working while driving. No more options dosnt exist

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello ASH8,

Thank you for your informative post. Clearly explained the every single step in both upgrading the software and parts installation.

I tried to download the cmu150_ADR_70.00.335C for my wife's Mazda 6 in Australia. Unfortunately, there seems to be a issue with HiDrive. With the message "the An error occurred whilst loading /Mazda_Firmware", I am unable to access the firmware anymore. Is there any chance the link can be fixed? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Just started downloading. Should be able to get it to work tonight.
I started and finished the upgrade today and all went smooth - hope it all works (worked) out for you! Big thanks to the OP!! I had the components since Christmas time and since we're hunkered down along with nasty, cold rain all weekend, it was the perfect opportunity to get it done.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Perhaps no one have tried it or no one knows if it will work.
On Mazda3 Forum someone is asking similar Q and the advise is to try from MAZ to NA FW...almost like the adviser knew something; no answer there either and I know that everyone is at home right now :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
OK, I did the upgrade from MAZ to EU N and it worked, no issues at all; Mazda 6 - 2015, UK.

My Mazda had MAZ_CMU-150_51.00.351 originally and went to 70.00.100 then to 352B as per documentation, thx.

Next, let's see if I can do the Maps on SD Card on the latest one, Dec 2019 :).

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
OK, I did the upgrade from MAZ to EU N and it worked, no issues at all; Mazda 6 - 2015, UK.

My Mazda had MAZ_CMU-150_51.00.351 originally and went to 70.00.100 then to 352B as per documentation, thx.

Next, let's see if I can do the Maps on SD Card on the latest one, Dec 2019 :).
Congratulations! Glad it worked. If I may ask, what do you mean by "upgrade from MAZ to EU N"? I haven't read too much about CarPlay and Android Auto so I have little knowledge about this.

If the upgrade you did has a "special" or "specific" procedure, I suggest that you make a separate thread for this. It will surely be helpful for others.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nothing Special, the firmware is region specific except MAZ one which is Generic; there is no MAZ firmware upgrade in the wild so I applied EU N; all that is needed is in this topic first page.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts