Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm really new to posting here and have seen several threads about problems/recalls etc., but am totally lost as to where to begin. I have a 2004 Mazda 6i, and the car has given me nothing but trouble since it was bought. In the last year alone I've had the throttle, the clutch, the drivers seat, the clutch switch, the front passenger side light assembly, the front passenger CV boot clip, the spoiler, and the weather stripping on the drivers side door replaced. My stereo display is also starting to go. The dealership has been jerking me around continuously, insisting that I had to pay for the diagnostics tests and forcing me to pay to have a new clutch installed. My car is still under warranty. It has 34K miles on it. I also bought the extended warranty. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems, or can provide information to me on what to do. I love the car, I just don't love MY car. The dealership insists that no recalls have been issued, and there isn't a problem with the car, just with my driving. Please help!! I'm ready to let them repo it just so I don't have to deal with it anymore!!! Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
981 Posts
How does your driving cause all of these problems? That's total bullshit. Change dealerships if they want to keep giving you shit like that. Unfortunately, all dealers are practically crooks no matter where you go.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They basically told me that I didn't know how to drive a stick which was the reason for my clutch going out. They've also said that if I didn't drive the car hard it wouldn't be having all of these problems. Also, the car was wrecked six days after being driven off the lot. My fiance was driving and a woman t-boned him in the drivers side rear, knocking him over an embankment. The car missed being totaled by $1200. They fixed it, but we've had problems since. Every time I shut the door the light cover falls off, for instance. Bob King Mazda's take on the whole car is that everything that happened is because of the accident.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, the real blower is that I just paid $847 for a new clutch kit and after two weeks of driving it, it feels exactly the same way as it did right before it went out. :swearin:

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Here is the clutch issue:
http://forum.mazda6tech.com/viewtopic.php?t=2813
However, I don't see how it would only last two weeks, nor do I feel someones driving would be abd enough to totally destroy a clutch in 2 weeks, so there may be something else behind it. I would imagine a lot of the stuff DID occur because of the accident. The throttle body is a known issue already however. I'm not sure on some of the other problems becaus you were specific on the issue with them, just that they caused a problem. List some more deatils and hopefully we can help you further.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We actually had the clutch replaced by my brothers shop which specializes in import clutches. But the clutch kit itself came directly from Mazda. Let me see....the other problems in detail....The drivers seat had springs coming through the fabric on the right upper portion. The spoiler was so loose it was bouncing. They replaced it completely, but used glue which is seeping out from underneath the new one. It looks very sloppy and is starting to come loose again. The clutch sensor, who knows?? My check engine light came on and they told me it needed to be replaced. The weather stripping on the drivers side door came unattached from the door and rain was leaking in. Some clip attached to the CV boot on the right front side came loose and had slid down and eventually popped off. This caused the car to make loud popping noises whenever I turned, slowed down, sped up, all of the above. My LCD is going out on the stereo. It's missing three digits right now and continues to go. The passenger side front turn signal seems to have a short in it. Sometimes it works, generally it doesn't. My brother took the headlight assembly apart and discovered rust on the socket which was causing the connection to be broken intermittenly. The check engine light recently has been coming on after about 50 miles after refueling, going off shortly thereafter and turning back on at about 200 miles. But never seems to be on when I can get the car into the shop. I had a bolt break off my airbox last week causing the airbox to come almost completely off. It just seems to be one thing after the other. I'm in the shop with this car at least twice a month, generally more. I do realize that the impact of the accident probably caused a lot of this, but you think they'd get tired of fixing it over and over. I'm at my wits end. My credit's not great to begin with, but I'm seriously considering a voluntary reposession and purchasing another car before the repo hits my credit. I just can't keep taking time off work to figure out what's wrong with this car.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Wow Kimberly. Sorry to hear about your experiences with the 6. I don't know what to mention, that hasn't been mentioned above, and like Mazda_Gremlyn posts, there are issues with the clutch and thottle body through TSB's (Technical Service Bulletin) that should cover those replacement/repairs. It probably is a good chance the t-bone accident jogged a bunch of stuff where it shouldn't be.

And like Mardigan mentions, try a different dealer. Explain the issues you are having, and see what their diagnosis is. I didn't see it in your profile, but where are you located? Maybe someone on the board can recommend a good dealer in the area.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really appreciate all the advice from everyone. I've printed off the TSB's that would/could possibly pertain to my problems. I plan on taking them to my dealership as soon as possible. Today is the first time in the two years I've owned the car that I've seen one, so.....Shame on me, I guess for not looking sooner, but I was under the impression that the dealer should know what's going on. Does anyone know if there's a chance I could get reimbursed for the clutch since there IS a TSB regarding it? I can't help but think that if the disk/plate problem had been addressed sooner, the clutch might not have had to be replaced. Of course, my car knowledge is very limited, so I'm not sure. To answer your question DSimmon, I'm in Winston Salem, NC. There is Bob King Mazda in town, which is where I've been taking it. Other than that, the closest place is Parks Mazda (where I bought it) 30 miles away in High Point. Someone had told me that certain Ford dealerships are authorized to do repairs, but I haven't checked into it.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
I would definitely take your car to the other dealship, ASAP. The clutch, unfortuanely, cannot be replaced under warrant now since you are over double the mileage allowed. I got mine done at 15K but that as pushing it. Though try to complain about it, but maybe neglect to mention you had it replaced at a non-Mazda shop already. The interior stuff should be a no brainer for a dealer to look in to and replace. Don't lie about being in an accident, but don't offer the info unless asked.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, tell me about it. I can't even trade it in cause they won't give me enough since it's been in an accident. The simplest solution would be just to run it over a cliff, but that's frowned upon by the insurance companies!! :laugh:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Kimberly, call Mazda and talk to them. Ask them to recommend a dealer who has a better client sat survey response and take your car there. The clutch should have a warranty on it even if it was replaced (usually 1 year/12K miles). Explain to Mazda exactly what has happened and what your dealer's response was. If that doesn't work, think about the lemon law and see if you have any options there.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Given the history, I would take the loss, and trade the car. If you work with the dealer service department, go in with a list of all problems and negotiate which problems should be repaired under warranty. Loose body parts and failing electronics shouldn't cause an argument. Some of the other things:
Drivers Seat : Possibly a wear item, but should last for a couple years...
Spoiler : Defective mounts or incorrect installation.
Weather stripping: Defect or result of accident should be easily replaceable.
Loud popping noise: CV joint/axle bad. result of accident probably. (Replace)
Airbox: No single bolt holding this on, maybe it's something else?
CEL: Even if the light turns off, the 'fault' is saved in the computers memory. Get it scanned at a parts store and write down the code. The dealer should be able to do this, might want to ask him why he hasn't. Post the code here, and a friendly 6Cluber will help you out. :yesnod:

Get agreement on getting everything fixed, and prepare to leave the car for several days for service. Since you will be paying for some of the work, check everything before paying and picking the car up. Don't accept it or pay for it until it's fixed correctly. (Prepare to borrow or rent a car for a few days.)

·
Registered
179 Posts
They basically told me that I didn't know how to drive a stick which was the reason for my clutch going out. They've also said that if I didn't drive the car hard it wouldn't be having all of these problems. Also, the car was wrecked six days after being driven off the lot. My fiance was driving and a woman t-boned him in the drivers side rear, knocking him over an embankment. The car missed being totaled by $1200. They fixed it, but we've had problems since. Every time I shut the door the light cover falls off, for instance. Bob King Mazda's take on the whole car is that everything that happened is because of the accident.
[/b]
Just a quick note on the wreck damage, if you still have issues related to that then the insurance company responsible for the repairs should be notified. It is their responsibility to fix the car back to like new. I assume you could shut your door before w/out parts falling off. It doesn't matter how many times it takes them to get it right, they need to fix it and fix it 100% for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The problem with that is I'm getting the same run around from the insurance company as I am from Mazda. Each blame the other. And no one wants to fix it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
They basically told me that I didn't know how to drive a stick which was the reason for my clutch going out. They've also said that if I didn't drive the car hard it wouldn't be having all of these problems. ... They fixed it, but we've had problems since. Every time I shut the door the light cover falls off, for instance.
[/b]
I have had similar problems. I had to get the clutch repaired with only 18,000 miles on it. THe dealership told me the same freaking thing. That I DIDN"T know how to drive stick. I didn't know what to do laugh righ in is face, or to punch the guy out. I've been driving standards since I was 16 and that is 12 years ago. I had to eat an $1800+ bill. Not only that but I have the same problem with my door light cover. And another thing, my starter had bit the dust once, and it's starting to do it again. It starts making noise only on cold days....at first. Now, just like before, it's making noise with every start. I even have the extended warranty on it, when I had to fix the clutch the manager tried to get me to eat the bill on that too. Until I told him I had it order for more than 3 months and it finally came in. Unfortuantley it was the same time my clutch blew. He told me it was pieces of the clutch the did it, until I told him about how long I was waiting for the starter. That shut him right up!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
12 Participants
slipperychef
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing