Mazda 6 Forums banner

Gen 4 Update!

33K views 108 replies 36 participants last post by  Mz6GreyGhost 
#1 ·
This post has been deleted
#94 ·
I agree. RWD would be great. An AWD option is fine, but I wouldn’t really favor AWD only, particularly if it’s like most Japanese AWD, which is really FWD with limited RW assist.

#96 ·
Actually... thats wrong. WRX's are rear biased. The best one was from the DSM's, full time 50/50 and up to 100 either way.

#99 ·
This is all very exciting stuff. Now that Mazda has announced powertrains the time to announce the vehicles is here. I’m not a real big fan of the crossovers but I feel like the new CX-5 will be the first shown. I can’t wait for the new 6 and am curious to know when Mazda plans to reveal. As we are still under this pandemic automakers are free to show vehicles whenever they want in creative ways. My guess is we could see it this spring or maybe not until fall. Excitement is building for the next chapter of Mazda’s that’s for sure.

#100 ·
Hopefully Mazda will follow-through with a new 6, and an inline 6 would be a beautiful thing. Always been a fan of that powerplant design in general and it's just superb in our 530i. Just a majestic engine, IMO. I can't imagine Japan turning out a clunker of an inline-6. Good heavens, I'm sick and tired of all the CUV and SUV's being foisted upon us "this is what you REALLY want"....no, I desire a CAR. Not one of those flipping bulbous, sight-blocking contraptions. YMMV.

#102 · (Edited)
ICYMI - Updated take on the Concept Vision Coupe by MK Jaffar
MAZDA 6 CONCEPT - YouTube
That interior could pass as the real deal. I love it.
Exhaust is spot on as well. Not a fan of the headlights nor the tail lights..but this looks very good.
That interior is..wow. Loving that curved infotainment screen.
There is a lot of like here.

#103 ·
Not a fan of the fake vents on the front quarter panel, but I'm no fan of them on any car, unless they're functional.

Other than that... DAMN!! That pic is all the reason anyone needs to NOT waste their $$$ on an SUV.

Reactions: TalonTsi90
#104 ·
imo the 6 is never going to be a fast car because that's not the focus of Mazda. They will offer more powerful options, but their focus has always been to offer close to luxury interiors and attractive exterior at an affordable price. They'll never be a luxury brand unless they create one dedicated to this.

So, even though the 4th gen 6 will probably be AWD and have more power, for the money it will cost, if you want speed, you'd be better off looking into other cars.

The top of the line 4th gen 6 will probably be close to 40k

#106 ·
Motor 1 reports that the 2023 Mazda 6 will be rear wheel drive with a inline 6 engine. All wheel drive available as well and an electric version.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.