Mazda 6 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Theyve been "speculating" on it for years now. No real proof or test mule pics, always the same renders.
What are you expecting?

Ever consider it's possible they're the same because that's what been implied/shown?

You come across as if you're hoping they don't ever do the gen 4.

My bet is you see it for the 2013 model year. It will happen sooner or later unless Mazda itself disappears and that's not going to happen.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Theyve been "speculating" on it for years now. No real proof or test mule pics, always the same renders.
Nothing new... just like this company.

Can you imagine, it started on 2005 and it took them 10 years before they made an official announcement with the trailer on 2015?

And finally, it has been released but it took them another 5 years since the official announcement!

So, let us all just appreciate the "speculations".

I'm just waiting for the time that the quarantine will be lifted, even temporarily, so that I can get my hands on the console.

EDIT: I'm off topic again, please pardon me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hot off the presses! LOL do they still even say that?

CLICK ME!

One word: DAMN!!!
I'm sorry but why build the thing looking like it has been rammed from the side by a giant stone beach ball? Can you get the doors bashed out? possibly put a few sweeping curved folds in them... a bit like a beautiful Mazda 6!

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 6 Sport MT
11 Posts
What are you expecting?

Ever consider it's possible they're the same because that's what been implied/shown?

You come across as if you're hoping they don't ever do the gen 4.

My bet is you see it for the 2013 model year. It will happen sooner or later unless Mazda itself disappears and that's not going to happen.
I think what he's trying to say is that not much has changed from this article (Jalopnik), which is true. The investor meeting last year kicked this off. Once that dropped, all the major car sites started playing 'telephone' based on one article, which lead to renders and speculation not originally presented at the investor meeting.

Don't get me wrong, though. I'm all aboard the hype train and I shamelessly gobble these articles up. Unfortunately, I always find that they rehash what was presented at the investor meeting last year, but add in a few more date and design theories/rumors.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I think what he's trying to say is that not much has changed from this article (Jalopnik), which is true. The investor meeting last year kicked this off. Once that dropped, all the major car sites started playing 'telephone' based on one article, which lead to renders and speculation not originally presented at the investor meeting.

Don't get me wrong, though. I'm all aboard the hype train and I shamelessly gobble these articles up. Unfortunately, I always find that they rehash what was presented at the investor meeting last year, but add in a few more date and design theories/rumors.
Sort of, until Mazda releases something, its all stupid dren.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have to agree. While I don’t know the background of the “you’ve got a new engine” statement, I would think you should have many years of excellent driving left in a 2018 Mazda6 if it has under 300,000 miles.

Too many of us (myself included or perhaps especially myself), are quick to buy something new when what we have is perfectly fine.
I had a new engine put it my 2018 about a month ago under warranty. I've had a lot of issues with my car...
I like it very much but the few issues it has that Mazda can't fix are annoying.
The suspension knock is still the #1 annoying issue and now half the under-panels are missing/removed at this point so they can rattle like a SOB in the winter when ice gets in there.
During this pandemic (so strange to write that) I am no longer driving the commute everyday (220kms), the car sits 99% of the time now. :/ It's pushing 110,000 kms. This is a great opportunity for me to not put miles on it.

The longer I wait the larger my future down payment will be for the next car so it's all good either way. It is a very nice car and I am spoiled by all the features it has..the cooled seats are still one of my fav. options in the warmer weather.

I am headed into S2000 season so that will keep me busy until the fall anyways :)

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,559 Posts
CLICK ME!

If this is true, I'd be VERY worried about the future of the Mazda6 going RWD, let alone showing up here AT ALL!

·
Registered
87 Posts
The article refers to not having a second gen Kia Stinger due to dismal sales. Well all I have to say is it sucks! From a young age I always liked cars, oddly, and more specifically sedans. I have loved the Mazda6 since 2014 but haven’t owned one due to having my financial well being more important. I think it’s sad that the whole shift in the automotive segment has gone from sedans to crossovers, SUV’s and trucks. I drive a Tacoma and love having a truck however I wouldn’t want one any bigger due to parking and driving through areas like Chicago. I think I will always have my Tacoma thanks to the convenience and utility but I would also like a car to daily drive. The Mazda6 would be perfect. I think there is still hope for a next gen Mazda6 thanks to their partnership with Toyota, and Mazda’s passion for people who love to drive. Time will tell.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Every model other than the Mazda3 and CX-5 sells less than 30,000 units each year. Kia's metrics are probably completely different. Heck, probably the only reason the Stinger and K900 even exists is because Hyundai dumped the money into the platforms for their Genesis brand. Kia probably wouldn't have developed an RWD performance platform on their own.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda6 I sport Manual, 79 Mazda RX-7
12 Posts

Gonna Shit on all the Euro cars haha. they do now in the windy roads even without turbos haha. but an inline 6, rwd turbo? YESSSS

My RX-7 will get a valid counterpart lol

·
Registered
307 Posts
I agree. RWD would be great. An AWD option is fine, but I wouldn’t really favor AWD only, particularly if it’s like most Japanese AWD, which is really FWD with limited RW assist.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I agree. RWD would be great. An AWD option is fine, but I wouldn’t really favor AWD only, particularly if it’s like most Japanese AWD, which is really FWD with limited RW assist.
Actually... thats wrong. WRX's are rear biased. The best one was from the DSM's, full time 50/50 and up to 100 either way.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Actually... thats wrong. WRX's are rear biased. The best one was from the DSM's, full time 50/50 and up to 100 either way.
The WRX may be rear biased, but that would hardly qualify as “most Japanese AWD”. Bulwnkl is correct that most Japanese AWD systems are FWD based with limited RW assist.

·
Registered
87 Posts
This is all very exciting stuff. Now that Mazda has announced powertrains the time to announce the vehicles is here. I’m not a real big fan of the crossovers but I feel like the new CX-5 will be the first shown. I can’t wait for the new 6 and am curious to know when Mazda plans to reveal. As we are still under this pandemic automakers are free to show vehicles whenever they want in creative ways. My guess is we could see it this spring or maybe not until fall. Excitement is building for the next chapter of Mazda’s that’s for sure.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hopefully Mazda will follow-through with a new 6, and an inline 6 would be a beautiful thing. Always been a fan of that powerplant design in general and it's just superb in our 530i. Just a majestic engine, IMO. I can't imagine Japan turning out a clunker of an inline-6. Good heavens, I'm sick and tired of all the CUV and SUV's being foisted upon us "this is what you REALLY want"....no, I desire a CAR. Not one of those flipping bulbous, sight-blocking contraptions. YMMV.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts