Mazda 6 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Fiscal Year 2022, the Architecture will be used for the next generation CX-5, 8, 9, Mazda 6 and rumor has it will also be used by Toyota for the next Camry, Lexus IS, ES.

·
Registered
74 Posts
2022 to Fiscal year ending March 2023, in an investor meeting back in November 2019 EVP Kiyoshi Fujiwara mentioned the possibility of one more refresh to bring the existing "large" vehicle group to a 6.5th gen standard to keep them relevant for a few more years.

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,559 Posts
Hot off the presses! LOL do they still even say that?

CLICK ME!

One word: DAMN!!!

·
Registered
776 Posts
In light of a post-Coronavirus world, I will not hold my breath on this...UNTIL I see the pending Production Model Online on the Official Mazda Portals. I've waited this long, and almost paid mine off....I can surely wait a couple more years!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Meh. Still too much speculation, no real evidence.
Well, caranddriver and motortrend are now both speculating along with a couple of other rags. From everything I've read something is coming in the next couple of years and it's going to have a straight 6 and be rear wheel drive.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I suspect Mazda will need more Toyota investment to remain solvent. I just don't think the Company is all that healthy at this point in time. I wanna see it succeed, but I'm a bit of a pessimist.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I wish this was available soon. Debating if I want to dump my '18 and get a '20 to hold me through until this new model comes out, if it ever does...this pandemic is surely going to have effects on when new models are released.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Keep your '18. You've got a new engine. Treat that automatic well by doing a fluid change...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Keep your '18. You've got a new engine. Treat that automatic well by doing a fluid change...
I have to agree. While I don’t know the background of the “you’ve got a new engine” statement, I would think you should have many years of excellent driving left in a 2018 Mazda6 if it has under 300,000 miles.

Too many of us (myself included or perhaps especially myself), are quick to buy something new when what we have is perfectly fine.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Well, caranddriver and motortrend are now both speculating along with a couple of other rags. From everything I've read something is coming in the next couple of years and it's going to have a straight 6 and be rear wheel drive.
Theyve been "speculating" on it for years now. No real proof or test mule pics, always the same renders.

61 - 80 of 100 Posts