Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Garbage. None of the reputible sites even say anything about this. Fake news.
So are you saying Motor1.com is not reputable? For the record, the article says "Rumor" in the title. I hope this is somewhat true.

The Source Website is Japanese (Used Google Translator):

Quote:
Mazda Vision Coupe announced at the 2017 Tokyo Motor Show. The commercial model will be a development model from this model and will be equipped with a 3L, straight 6 gasoline engine

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Yea, I'm saying its not a "news" site, or reputable like MT or C&D. If you search with the title from your link, you get a lot of "rumor sites" and no real articles. Hence, fake news. There's even a Lexus site that claims Toyota and Lexus will use that platform, which I'm guessing is pure drivel too. I too wish it would happen, cause an online will be more powerful than a V any day of the week, but i highly doubt it.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Though I prefer an inline 6 i can't fathom why it'd be any more powerful than a v6 other than the lack of balance shafts. That said and all else being equal it is likely the v6 will rev higher (shorter crank, higher torsional crank resonance frequency than the long crank L6).

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Mazda Direct 6FR Coupe (2022 Debut)

The large-class 4-door coupe, which can be said to be a commercial version of "VISION COUPE" exhibited at the previous Tokyo Motor Show, is expected to have a dignified body size of 1.9m wide and 1.9m wide.

There is information that Mazda is also developing a two-door model using the same platform. This is also great expectations!

[Three units holding the key to sports model reconstruction] New 86 & BRZ, Mazda 6FR Coupe, GRMN Supra

"A manufacturer that promotes a brand strategy needs a flagship model that represents the manufacturer. Currently, the flagship model for Mazda, which is making every effort to improve its brand value, is the FR coupe equipped with this straight-6.
The 3L, 6-straight gasoline engine fits in the heart of the elegant 4-door coupe body that brings together the highly acclaimed Mazda design.
The so-called SKTACTIV-X engine, which employs the compression ignition method “SPCCI”, which is also developed by Mazda and also uses an ignition plug, is combined with the mild hybrid system “M Hybrid” for ignition control.
No announcements have been made regarding output, etc., but in order to demonstrate its presence in this class, there is no doubt that development is still progressing with the aim of 350 ps class power.
Mazda's new straight 6 FR coupe is so attractive. After its release at the Tokyo Motor Show in October 2019, its debut will be a little ahead of 2022, but the price is a concern.
Mazda always says "BMW, Audi quality car at the price of Volkswagen", so from that, it is expected to be around 5 million to 6 million yen."

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, I'm saying its not a "news" site, or reputable like MT or C&D. If you search with the title from your link, you get a lot of "rumor sites" and no real articles. Hence, fake news. There's even a Lexus site that claims Toyota and Lexus will use that platform, which I'm guessing is pure drivel too. I too wish it would happen, cause an online will be more powerful than a V any day of the week, but i highly doubt it.
Here is another article (From CNET Roadshow) confirming an upcoming electric vehicle and hybrid model at the Tokyo Motor Show. They didn't confirm model or body type (keeping it on the DL to make us hungry for it). But that at least supports the rumors that something is coming!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mazda Direct 6FR Coupe (2022 Debut)

The large-class 4-door coupe, which can be said to be a commercial version of "VISION COUPE" exhibited at the previous Tokyo Motor Show, is expected to have a dignified body size of 1.9m wide and 1.9m wide.

There is information that Mazda is also developing a two-door model using the same platform. This is also great expectations!

[Three units holding the key to sports model reconstruction] New 86 & BRZ, Mazda 6FR Coupe, GRMN Supra

"A manufacturer that promotes a brand strategy needs a flagship model that represents the manufacturer. Currently, the flagship model for Mazda, which is making every effort to improve its brand value, is the FR coupe equipped with this straight-6.
The 3L, 6-straight gasoline engine fits in the heart of the elegant 4-door coupe body that brings together the highly acclaimed Mazda design.
The so-called SKTACTIV-X engine, which employs the compression ignition method “SPCCI”, which is also developed by Mazda and also uses an ignition plug, is combined with the mild hybrid system “M Hybrid” for ignition control.
No announcements have been made regarding output, etc., but in order to demonstrate its presence in this class, there is no doubt that development is still progressing with the aim of 350 ps class power.
Mazda's new straight 6 FR coupe is so attractive. After its release at the Tokyo Motor Show in October 2019, its debut will be a little ahead of 2022, but the price is a concern.
Mazda always says "BMW, Audi quality car at the price of Volkswagen", so from that, it is expected to be around 5 million to 6 million yen."
Thanks for the updated article! I personally want to also thank Tesla for making electric cars a real viable option for the masses!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

As anticipation rises, I found a Car & Driver Article from May promoting the "confirmed" inline 6 engine:

Then I found this official Mazda link that shows their previous concept vehicles:

I have to say, unlike some car companies, they have been VERY CLOSE to some of their concept vehicles from the MX-Crossport (CX-7), Minagi (CX-5), Takeri (Mazda 6 - 3rd Gen), Koeru (CX-4) and Kai (Mazda 3 - 4th Gen)! That stated, here's to hoping the 4th Gen successor of the Mazda 6 will carry the design cues from the Vision Concepts (In Sedan and Coupe Forms)!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts