Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found and tried a front sway bar for a 2014+? I replaced the rear sway bar and springs shortly after I bought the car five years ago but haven't found much regarding the front.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
The reason for not finding a heftier frt sway bar... is because for most enthusiasts they want to lessen the understeer by adding rear roll stiffness. Now if you went pretty stiff for the rear... you could increase the front a bit... but the heftier the sway bar (in my estimation) the more you risk structural failure of the links or the chassis-mounts. So the Enthusiast Companies don't typically want to go in that direction.

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT
138 Posts
JBR makes one, and I think Racing Beat.
If you're running the RSB on full stiff then doing something to stiffen the FSB will combat snap oversteer.
There's an old post about the JBR FSB that I just replied to:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JBR makes one, and I think Racing Beat.
If you're running the RSB on full stiff then doing something to stiffen the FSB will combat snap oversteer.
There's an old post about the JBR FSB that I just replied to:
I'll take a look at Racing Beat, they're local. Unfortunately, like many others I've had the misfortune of dealing with James at JBR and won't buy any of there stuff again, he's classless and can't own up to his piss poor website design. Racing Beat on the other hand seem super honest and cool and have been doing this for a while, so I'll definitely take a look.

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT
138 Posts
@pbigpapa - I actually just drilled an extra hole in the FSB that stiffened it up some, and car drives great now!
(just replied to thread I linked to, see last reply)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Corksport sells a front sway bar too. I don't run it but I reached out to CS customer service about it a few years ago and they were super helpful.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Corksport sells a front sway bar too. I don't run it but I reached out to CS customer service about it a few years ago and they were super helpful.

I have the CS strut tower bar, but that's different than a sway bar. BTW, really like the CS Strut Tower Bar, it was surprising how much I noticed the change in stability with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts