Mazda 6 Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I've got an 07 that I've owned from 0 miles and it's had the EGR mod done since about 1500 miles on the clock, now at almost 53k. The EGR doesn't magically put any more recirculated gases back into the intake than it did before the tube was cut back, like I said it's controlled by the ECU. It doesn't matter if the hole is 1/16" or 6", the same amount of gasses are sent back through it.
So post your log. Lets See! :)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I've only got a scangauge II which does real time monitoring but no logging. I think you are over analyzing the effects of cutting the tube back, there is plenty of velocity happening in your intake.

I wish I could find the old threads with the logging and proof that was done by I think 84fordman, but most of that stuff appears to be lost in the abyss of host changes and other stuff 6club has gone through over the years. Regardless you are definitely over thinking this.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I've only got a scangauge II which does real time monitoring but no logging. I think you are over analyzing the effects of cutting the tube back, there is plenty of velocity happening in your intake.

I wish I could find the old threads with the logging and proof that was done by I think 84fordman, but most of that stuff appears to be lost in the abyss of host changes and other stuff 6club has gone through over the years. Regardless you are definitely over thinking this.
Just saying, I doubt the engineers blew it so bad as to not know it jacked the trims and to repeat; there is nothing available to the ECM to provide feed back as to "What it did" so basically, its being told what to do and does it. Its not like the fuel system which is closed loop and is feed back data about it effectiveness. Plus the damn thing is fed by a 3/4 in pipe and there is little in the EGR vale to limit its flow so can you say 100% that the opening size has no impact - I don't think so.
Overall it matters not as the thread was about "post your data" so thanks for your insight.

Here is the tip,

Attachments

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.